Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Check Mail More Often?

Lightbulb Check Mail More Often?
    Does anybody know if there's a hack out there that will allow me to customize how often my email gets checked?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

http://modmyi.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=264
    can't verify that it works but a lot of downloads nonetheless.

yes this does work
    ARTHURSDOMAIN
    ModMyI.com Apps Reviewer

Retired ModMyi.com Moderator

Follow me on twitter: twitter.com/laynem

Reviewed Apps:
    Oregon Trail, Who Has The Biggest Brain, Lock Puzzle, Tweetie

Want an app reviewed? PM me with the app name

This looks like a great app! Where do I place it on my phone once I get it on my computer?

Any more details about it?

Help please!

In the IPHONE go to settings--mail--messages--auto check---choose manual---every 15 minutes/30 minutes/every hour. Hope it's what were you looking for

Thanks

How do you put a .plist on your iphone?

Thanks

I use Cyberduck just add it to /var/root/Library/Preferences.

I don't understand, I added the file but I don't see any extra time options in the menu.

yeah how do i edit the .plist file to say check for email every 3 minutes.

Many thanks

i have downloaded Plistedit pro to somehow edit the .plist file but i dont really know what i am supposed to change. Can someone point me in the right direction please. I still dont have any extra settings for checking mail any more frequently. i have the options, Manual, 15mins, 30mins Every hour . I want to check my mail every 3 mins.

Many thanks in advance.

Mark

please can someone help with this. I can see above that some success has been gained. I would really appreciate pointing in the right direction. Cheers guys :-)
    Last edited by perrin21; 10-07-2007 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sidepocket View Post
    I don't understand, I added the file but I don't see any extra time options in the menu.
    There is no setting for this in preferences. you have to edit the .plist file in property list editor or similar program. then change the auto eftch interval from15 to whatever you want. then put the file: /var/root/Library/Preferences. then in preferences/mail switch auto-check to manual. you won't see the change, but it will now check at the interval you created.
    Last edited by lilscrappydew25; 10-08-2007 at 09:04 AM.

I've just uploaded this file into "/var/root/Library/Preferences" but when I check "settings->mail->there is no added feature that allows me to switch between manual and auto check. I've turned the phone off and on. Anyone else see this problem and know how to fix it?

ok so what's the deal with this... i'm a iphone newb so ex-squeeze me if i sound dumb but how do you get the var/root/... directory?

also what's the deal with the "kiwiirwin" string in the fetch data, is that the accounts the plist was originally written for and will these change after the first check or something.