Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Having problems with Callbar 1.0.4 Custom Ringtones

  1. #1
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Pronup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    685
    Thanks
    129
    Thanked 188 Times in 142 Posts

    Default Having problems with Callbar 1.0.4 Custom Ringtones
    iPhone 4
    iOS 5.0

    My custom ringtones are not working while I have Callbar active. Does anyone else have this problem?

  2. #2
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Pronup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    685
    Thanks
    129
    Thanked 188 Times in 142 Posts

    Nobody else is having the same problem?

  3. #3
    I just noticed that mine is doing the same thing. My wife has a special ringtone, but it played the general one when it rang.

  4. #4
    They do not work for me either. I emailed the developer a few days ago and have not received a response.

  5. #5
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Pronup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    685
    Thanks
    129
    Thanked 188 Times in 142 Posts

    I've kinda communicated to him through Twitter. He was trying to figure it out.

    His first Tweet: CallBar: Can a couple of people confirm that on iOS 5.0 custom ringtones work, whereas on 5.0.1 they don't?

    My response: No, I'm on 5.0 and my custom ringtones do not work.

    His second tweet: For those who reported that custom ringtones don't work (only for them) please confirm if you also have any other ringtone tweak installed.

    My response: I do not have any other ringtone tweaks.

    I haven't heard anything further. If your having problems I would send him a Tweet @limneos

  6. #6
    Livin the iPhone Life anig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale Fla
    Posts
    1,206
    Thanks
    793
    Thanked 308 Times in 220 Posts

    My ringtones are not working either i4 ios5

  7. #7
    I've tried several times to contact the developer with no response. Now they are running a half price sale, fitting since the app only works half-way. But I paid the full amount.

  8. #8
    any updates guys? i'm having same problem and twitted to him alr but same no reply.wtf

  9. #9
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Iowa (ISU for Vet School!)
    Posts
    3,920
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 310 Times in 264 Posts

    Same here. Custom ringtones do not work. This is disappointing, especially since this add-on wasn't cheap for what it does (IMO). I have had to disable this until there is a fix. Seems this has been going on for over a month now. Again, for the cost, pretty poor support if you ask me...

    iOS 5.0.1 iPhone 4S

    EDIT: A temporary fix, for me, was to just diasble during lock screen. I figure that while call bar pops up during browsing or otherwise using the phone, I will see who is calling anyway. Disabling during lock screen means that while your phone is in your pocket (presumably locked) the standard Apple way of ringing your phone remains, that is to say you get your ringtone and the full screen "incoming call" alert. Doing this you will know who is calling without looking at the screen. Still, being that I paid for the app, a bit disappointed to see it has gone unfixed for so long especially now that there are promos going on.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 01-24-2012 at 07:14 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

    A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

  10. #10
    PoEtikly recommended an app called UnlimTones from cydia. Installed and have my custom ringtone back. This is a work-around, but it works.

  11. #11
    You can email and tweet to e dev. But dun expect any answer.

  12. #12
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Marilina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    From Orlando to Piraeus, Greece
    Posts
    148
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Same here. Custom ringtones do not work. This is disappointing, especially since this add-on wasn't cheap for what it does (IMO). I have had to disable this until there is a fix. Seems this has been going on for over a month now. Again, for the cost, pretty poor support if you ask me...

    iOS 5.0.1 iPhone 4S

    EDIT: A temporary fix, for me, was to just diasble during lock screen. I figure that while call bar pops up during browsing or otherwise using the phone, I will see who is calling anyway. Disabling during lock screen means that while your phone is in your pocket (presumably locked) the standard Apple way of ringing your phone remains, that is to say you get your ringtone and the full screen "incoming call" alert. Doing this you will know who is calling without looking at the screen. Still, being that I paid for the app, a bit disappointed to see it has gone unfixed for so long especially now that there are promos going on.

    This worked for me too!

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by kressley View Post
    PoEtikly recommended an app called UnlimTones from cydia. Installed and have my custom ringtone back. This is a work-around, but it works.
    No. You dun even need this tweak. I just figured
    Out. U need to change ownership to mobile and Group to wheel to make it Work.

    Edited. You have to move the ringtone to var/stash/library/ringtones and do the settings there.
    Last edited by madmanjoe; 01-25-2012 at 02:16 AM.

  14. #14
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Iowa (ISU for Vet School!)
    Posts
    3,920
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 310 Times in 264 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by madmanjoe View Post
    No. You dun even need this tweak. I just figured
    Out. U need to change ownership to mobile and Group to wheel to make it Work.

    Edited. You have to move the ringtone to var/stash/library/ringtones and do the settings there.
    Can you be a bit more detail? Where are all these settings located? Would love to do all this but I don't even knw where to start...

    Thanks!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

    A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

  15. #15
    I received an automated response from the developer stating that they are away of this issue with custom ringtones but stated no ETA on a fix. Are they usually prompt when it comes to fixing bugs with their program?

  16. #16
    Looks like it's a permissions thing as well as them being in the wrong file location. I SSH'd into my phone and first moved the ringtones from private/var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control/Ringtones to library/ringtones and then changed the permission of the ringtone file from mobile to root and now they work.

    I also renamed them to the correct ringtone name since they are not recognizable. They are M4r extensions.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by kressley View Post
    Looks like it's a permissions thing as well as them being in the wrong file location. I SSH'd into my phone and first moved the ringtones from private/var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control/Ringtones to library/ringtones and then changed the permission of the ringtone file from mobile to root and now they work.

    I also renamed them to the correct ringtone name since they are not recognizable. They are M4r extensions.
    works great ain't it. but kind of suck when u paid for something and got to crack head and trouble it.

    Quote Originally Posted by left4dead View Post
    I received an automated response from the developer stating that they are away of this issue with custom ringtones but stated no ETA on a fix. Are they usually prompt when it comes to fixing bugs with their program?
    come on, automated response? in fact i had email to screw them. dun think they knew how to solve it. just keep giving discount price for callbar

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by madmanjoe View Post
    dun think they knew how to solve it. just keep giving discount price for callbar
    That's what angered me. I kept seeing "it's on sale" But never saw "we fixed it"

    I could never get any response from multiple attempts to contact them for help.

  19. #19
    I added my ringtones manually and never had any issues with callbar.

    I converted a clip to .m4a then changed the extension to .m4r , SSHd using ifunbox and added it to Ringtones. Works fine w/callbar

  20. #20
    Go and check the audio files you convert and see the ownership and group. What r they under?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •