Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Safe Mode Loop - Help

Exclamation Safe Mode Loop - Help
    I haven't really been messing with my phone so much anymore, so my updates appstore/cydia are few and far between, but I decided to go through and clear out my 22 appstore updates and 4 cydia updates. All was going well until I updated the cydia apps, after I hit "update all" and let it do its thing and resprung, now its stuck in an endless safe mode loop. I wish I could remember all of the apps that were updating so i could go in and remove them to see if it fixes the issue, but I can only recall 3 of them, which are as follows:

activator
    PhotoAlbums+ for iphone/ipod (uninstalled already)
    iap cracker list (uninstalled already)

I've gone through my list a few times, but nothing is jumping out at me. So I'm kinda hoping someone else has had this problem recently that paid more attention to what they were updating than I did and can point me in the right direction as to what they did to fix the issue.

At this point my phone is so jailbroken that I can barely use it stock, so I really need to get this figured out one way or another and I would prefer to not lose everything in the process. Any help in doing so would be very much appreciated.

I'm getting periodic crashes today after updating activator and an app that allows auto scrolling and full page up/down. I haven't uninstalled either, but since we are both listing activator, it may be the culprit.
    . . . . . . Zeke

Hmm, interesting. I wanted to try to uninstall activator but i didnt want to deal with losing everything else that has dependencies on it. So maybe waiting it out for another update might be the best course of action.

I also tried installing Crash Reporter and found that there were some discrepancies with Display Recorder, Display Out, and Maps~iphone.app. Again, I've tried uninstalling them, but still with no luck.

I'm taking the same tack... waiting for next update. Though I may have to act sooner as something is also eating battery life rapidly all of a sudden today.
    . . . . . . Zeke

You should try to install Crash Reporter and see what it comes up with. If you do, post your findings here so I can give it a shot too just in case our issues are related.

Ok... crash reporter is installed. I'll report whatever I discover.
    . . . . . . Zeke

I got my phone fixed. it turns out it was AndroidLock XT causing my problems. I know that wasn't one of the things that updated but maybe it was some kind of comparability issue with something that did update.

So if you have android lock, uninstall it. If not, I hope you figure out whatever is causing your issue soon.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ashengrace For This Useful Post:

Zekerblue (11-29-2011)

Great news! I do have android lock XT installed and I think it was updated in the last few days. Meanwhile, my phone seems to have stabilized. No crash in the past few hours. We'll see how it goes.

Edit:
    Nope. You led me to finding the problem. There is a crash when ever i unlock the phone. I unlock and the next app I run crashes. I've been at my desk with the phone plugged in and I have it to never lock when on AC, so I wasn't seeing the issue.

Guess I'll have to uninstall Android Lock until updated.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Zekerblue; 11-29-2011 at 06:55 PM.
    . . . . . . Zeke

Glad I could help ^_^

If you do, post your findings here so I can give it a shot too just in case our issues are related.

Thanks

Same thing happen to me on the last day of year 2011 after upgrade activator cos I add another source which also got activator but it's a beta version and my whole iPhone went into infinite reboot mode after I press Reboot Device. Took me almost 4 - 5 freaking days to get everything in order