+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Does Pdanet really hide AT&T tethering?

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Hey guys i was thinking about jailbreaking my iPhone 4 so I could do some internet tethering with my Xbox because my college doesn't allow Xbox live through their network.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question Does Pdanet really hide AT&T tethering?
    Hey guys i was thinking about jailbreaking my iPhone 4 so I could do some internet tethering with my Xbox because my college doesn't allow Xbox live through their network. I've read online that AT&T has been tracing people who used the app MyWi and the best alternative is the app pdanet which hides tethering.

Before I jailbreak anything, is there anybody on these forums that can confirm that it really does hide tethering from AT&T? The idea of using my phone as a mobile hotspot is enough to get me to jailbreak but I don't want to risk losing my unlimited data plan.

-Thanks

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I can't confirm if it does or not, but I have yet to be caught. Although I was never caught when I used mywi so I may not be a good example.

My real reason for the reply is to say using tethering for your Xbox is going to be a frustrating experience. If you plan to just talk to friends or play mini games itll be okay, but playing full games like madden or halo are super laggy.