+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IMessage on iPhone and iPad

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Updated to ios5.. How can I switch on iMessage from iPhone to iPad? When I try to use my @me to my iPhone it says it's already in use? Ps
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default IMessage on iPhone and iPad
    Updated to ios5.. How can I switch on iMessage from iPhone to iPad? When I try to use my @me to my iPhone it says it's already in use?

Ps what happened to the camera button on the lock screen that's supped to be there?

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

It automatically switches to iMessage when you're sending a text to another iOS 5 device and your text bubbles turn blue and it activates the extra features. Double click the home button to toggle the camera button.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have a query about the iMessage app. Firstly Apple WTF took you soo long to get this into your damn phone....lol

OK main question is this...Does iMessage cut into your data allowance ?

Here is my thinking on this, my understanding of Blackberry contracts (here in the UK anyway) and generally all smartphone contracts now, is that you get your talk mins, texts, x amount of data and with blackberry the BBM. Now say for example you have 500mb each month on your Blackberry once that runs out you can not use the internet or other apps that use the data connection. Well not without incurring further data charges by your network provider. However you can still use the BBM system as that does not take from your data package. Please correct me if I am wrong.

So is this the same for iMessage, because I have not seen anywhere to state that it is separate from your data allowance. Now with my contract being moved from unlimited data to 500mb per month, if iMessage cuts into this data allowance...well then that is a bit of a piss poor show by Apple and does not really compete with BBM (even though BBM has been a bit poor the last few days)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The thing about that .. Right now my iMessage on my iPad is connected to my mobile me/iCloud email and on my phone its connected to my phone number and if I try adding my mobile me email in the iMessage settings it says it's already in use.. So right now it's like I have 2 seperate iMessages... I can even message my iPhone from my iPad like im talking to myself.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Any help?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

My guess is you cant have it on at the same time on two different devices. So probably will have to turn off imessages and turn it on the other device when switching.

@Aumz: Yes this uses data but hardly as much data as you may be thinking. If your company kills data when you hit limit then imessage will stop since it uses data; not Apple's fault but that of phone comanpy. Here ATT just charges you if you go over and if 1 imessage puts you over then you were going to go over anyway just with a mail check.

Also not Apple's fault on how company runs data plans. Also note that BlackBerry devices use different servers than normal data users for providers.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You can. Watch the keynote from back in the summer.

I spoke with AppleCare yesterday for 2 hours.. They didn't even know it was possible.. The girl I spoke with kept putting me on hold and going to "investigate".. Then she transferred me to a higher tier.. He couldn't .help me either. He is supposed to call me today! Hopefully with a solution

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

PROBLEM SOLVED!!! And I did it all by myself.. I did some playing around with my apple ids on appleid.apple.com .. My @hotmail wasn't verified and it was on 2 dif apple ids so removed it from one and kept on the other.. Now it works!!!!