Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best Cydia Backup Program

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Best Cydia Backup Program
    Hi,
    I need to restore my Iphone4 4.0 because it's having issues with tmobile connecting to the internet and MMS not working. I was just going to start clean.
    What is the best program to backup my Cydia programs
    xBackup
    AptBackup
    ibye
    pkgbackup

I know pkgbackup is like 7 buck and xBackup is 1.50, but I am looking for help in picking the best one. So if anyone has used these or any others ones let me know what you think.

Thanks

Default xbackup
    i use xbackup so easy and it works great.
    just restore and jailbreak. install xbackup and restore 20 mins later everything back and working.

Green Apple
    Thanks

ok I will download and check it out.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think AptBackup actually works anymore it backs everything up in like 1 sec everytime while PkgBackup takes like 8 sec

PkgBackup has worked 100% for me for a long time. The added Dropbox support makes life even easier. It let's you set a schedule, also let's you choose what to backup. You can backup App Store app data (high scores, GarageBand creations, etc), Cydia Apps, SHSH saved with iSHSHit, Springboard layout including folders, hidden apps via Poof or SBsettings, camera roll, SMS, calendar, mail, videos and other data I'm sure I forgot to mention. The nice thing is that you can manage your backups through the app and it has other settings that make it well worth the $$. Gawd, I sound like a rep for them! Haha. The key here is that you don't have to sync to iTunes to save your backup, and also you can setup as new after restore and still restore from backup. The Dev listens to the people too.

I cannot speak for the other backups, as I have not used them- except for AptBackup, but that never worked out for me...
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

AptBackup actually works even though it takes like 1sec I used it yesterday to restore