Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: application data backup

Default application data backup
    first off i would like to start out by saying that i know this is long but it is very detailed and any response is greatly appreciated

second i want to say that I have a 32Gb 3 gen iPot running 4.2.1 firmware.

so i use my ipod as an experiment ipod for jailbreaking. i try out tweaks and things on mine before installing them on my moms phone or various friends and family members' ipods. so needless to say that I do have some problems on my ipod touch. so i was going to restore it but before i did that i wanted to save the data for various applications. so i found an app in cydia that would allow me to choose what apps' data i wanted backed up and it would back them up to a certain folder, then i was to copy that to the computer before restoring (im going back to 3.1.3).
    as of right now, the apple POS is now in a boot loop (or what ever it is officially called). i can connect to the computer (win xp) via USB and use ifunbox to access the system files (only for a min or two before the ipod gives up booting the springboard)
    * so i have two solutions to this problem. one someone could help me with the booting problem (i have strong reason to believe iconoclasm is to blame) or with the application i might have used to back up the save data; or at least where it might have saved those backups.(any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. if i hear the name of the app i probably will know it)

ok so i found out after looking in the application folder that it was appbackup
    then i found where it backs it up to and now im restoring