Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Name for my WinterBoard fork

Lightbulb Name for my WinterBoard fork
    Hi everyone,

(This is my first thread on ModMyi so please tell me if I'm doing anything wrong.)

I am planning to fork the source code of WinterBoard by saurik and make it work without having to respring.
    SnowLeo_ asked me on Twitter to include DreamBoard integration, so if someone changes their home screen theme with DB, it will also turn on any WinterBoard themes that they want to be used at the same time.
    He also referred me to PathKiller29, who is interested in helping me.

While I'm capable of making this tweak happen, I am not good at thinking of creative names for anything. So, if you can think of a name for the tweak, please tell me in this thread. I will be choosing the best name on the 8th of September.

Thanks for your help and I look forward to seeing the ideas you have.

Quote Originally Posted by thekirbylover View Post
    Hi everyone,

(This is my first thread on ModMyi so please tell me if I'm doing anything wrong.)

I am planning to fork the source code of WinterBoard by saurik and make it work without having to respring.
    SnowLeo_ asked me on Twitter to include DreamBoard integration, so if someone changes their home screen theme with DB, it will also turn on any WinterBoard themes that they want to be used at the same time.
    He also referred me to PathKiller29, who is interested in helping me.

While I'm capable of making this tweak happen, I am not good at thinking of creative names for anything. So, if you can think of a name for the tweak, please tell me in this thread. I will be choosing the best name on the 8th of September.

Thanks for your help and I look forward to seeing the ideas you have.
    Id really like to know if u can can compile the code.
    I've tied numerous times, but theos isn't going to cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by PathKiller29 View Post
    Id really like to know if u can can compile the code.
    I've tied numerous times, but theos isn't going to cut it.
    I will try tonight on my PC, but if it doesn't work, we can always ask saurik.
    Do you remember what was causing it to fail?

I will try tonight on my PC, but if it doesn't work, we can always ask saurik.
    Do you remember what was causing it to fail?
    A lot of things...
    For starters he's using a different tool chain, either on Linux or the phone itself.
    So using his make file is different, so I take what I need and make my own, then I get a bunch or deprication errors.
    I figure his compiler doesn't yell at him when simethings deprecated, theos can't even build with a simple warning.

A lot of things...
    For starters he's using a different tool chain, either on Linux or the phone itself.
    So using his make file is different, so I take what I need and make my own, then I get a bunch or deprication errors.
    I figure his compiler doesn't yell at him when simethings deprecated, theos can't even build with a simple warning.
    I tried to install gcc on my iPad from saurik's repo in Cydia, but it won't proceed because libgcc wasn't found. A quick Google shows that saurik removed it from the repo due to compatibility issues.
    I'm going to try and see if I can find the deb for libgcc somewhere online and then install gcc.

I just installed it...
    Only getting tons of permission denied errors, even after chmod'ing them all to 755

I just installed it...
    Only getting tons of permission denied errors, even after chmod'ing them all to 755
    I've just installed a deb called “fake libgcc” and it seemed to let gcc install. In another MMi thread, I found an archive of the iPhonos (iPhone OS) 2.0 header files and I'm just installing them now. I'll try to compile WB once I'm done.

Edit: Are you compiling the source while running as root? Apparently mobile can't access some files required for gcc to run.
    Last edited by thekirbylover; 09-07-2011 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Asked question

I've just installed a deb called “fake libgcc” and it seemed to let gcc install. In another MMi thread, I found an archive of the iPhonos (iPhone OS) 2.0 header files and I'm just installing them now. I'll try to compile WB once I'm done.

Edit: Are you compiling the source while running as root? Apparently mobile can't access some files required for gcc to run.
    K I just dropped a ton of errors...
    Just seems I'm missing some headers , that I was also missing on my Mac... They must be deprecated,
    I'll class dump it tomorrow

Glad to see you guys are getting further on this by working together. Really wish I could help but my coding knowledge is very limited. I really hope you guys could get this to work because Winterboard with no resprings would be awesome especially if you could integrate it with DreamBoard.

Lol when I was thinking of names it occured to me that all of the seasons except Fall were used- Winterboard, Summerboard, Springboard. So why not FallBoard or AutumnBoard lol. Or ThemeBoard. SkinBoard. CoverBoard. InstantBoard. Quickboard. EnhanceBoard (that ones for you pathkiller lol). Blackboard. Whiteboard. Colorboard. ImBoard. Lol. You could also do something like WinterPanel or Winterwall or WinterPlank. I still kinda like your WinnerBoard better than my suggestions though
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 09-07-2011 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post
    Glad to see you guys are getting further on this by working together. Really wish I could help but my coding knowledge is very limited. I really hope you guys could get this to work because Winterboard with no resprings would be awesome especially if you could integrate it with DreamBoard.

Lol when I was thinking of names it occured to me that all of the seasons except Fall were used- Winterboard, Summerboard, Springboard. So why not FallBoard or AutumnBoard lol. Or ThemeBoard. SkinBoard. CoverBoard. InstantBoard. Quickboard. EnhanceBoard (that ones for you pathkiller lol). Blackboard. Whiteboard. Colorboard. ImBoard. Lol. You could also do something like WinterPanel or Winterwall or WinterPlank. I still kinda like your WinnerBoard better than my suggestions though
    Great suggestions .
    I kinda forgot about WinnerBoard because the name would be easily confused with WinterBoard.
    I've drilled it down to the ones I like - ThemeBoard, InstantBoard, QuickBoard and EnhanceBoard. I've used JavaScript to randomly choose one and it came out with InstantBoard.*
    I'll give you the link to my repo on GitHub as soon as I change the name in the code.

Great suggestions .
    I kinda forgot about WinnerBoard because the name would be easily confused with WinterBoard.
    I've drilled it down to the ones I like - ThemeBoard, InstantBoard, QuickBoard and EnhanceBoard. I've used JavaScript to randomly choose one and it came out with InstantBoard.*
    I'll give you the link to my repo on GitHub as soon as I change the name in the code.
    Don't use enhance board.
    That's an inside joke that SnowLeo started ...why don't u ever try this hard when I ask snow?

Have u gotten it compiled yet?

Great suggestions .
    Hmm would ur github happen to be
    Github.com/kirbylover4000?

As is recall, I'm pretty sure I'm the one who mentioned adding a UI to DreamBoard, when i told himi found the WinterBoard Source code.
    than he never got it out of his head...
    been trying for a month!

-screen-shot-2011-09-08-10.41.35-am.png
    Last edited by PathKiller29; 09-08-2011 at 09:43 AM.

Question. Have u actually tested this method?
    Because from my experience the images aren't reloaded until ur kill the app,that's why we respring(it's really just relaunching an app) ull need to reload the images...

Question. Have u actually tested this method?
    Because from my experience the images aren't reloaded until ur kill the app,that's why we respring(it's really just relaunching an app) ull need to reload the images...
    I haven't been able to compile anything at all (not even a hello world script), so I'm still looking at how to get gcc to work. Then I'll have to have a look at if that's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by PathKiller29
    Hmm would ur github happen to be
    Github.com/kirbylover4000?
    Yup. Also, I've changed the repo from github.com/kirbylover4000/Winterboard to github.com/kirbylover4000/InstantBoard.

Quote Originally Posted by PathKiller29
    As is recall, I'm pretty sure I'm the one who mentioned adding a UI to DreamBoard
    I'll update the readme to credit both of you for that idea.
    Edit: Done.
    Last edited by thekirbylover; 09-08-2011 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Saying I fixed the readme

I haven't been able to compile anything at all (not even a hello world script), so I'm still looking at how to get gcc to work. Then I'll have to have a look at if that's possible.

Yup. Also, I've changed the repo from github.com/kirbylover4000/Winterboard to github.com/kirbylover4000/InstantBoard.

I'll update the readme to credit both of you for that idea.
    Edit: Done.
    K...
    Where can I find a hello world file for this..,
    It doesn't work like theos...
    At least not when I tried

K...
    Where can I find a hello world file for this..,
    It doesn't work like theos...
    At least not when I tried
    I used this code:

Code:
    #include <stdio.h>

int main() {
        printf("Hello World\n");
        return 0;
    }
    Then I ran these commands as root:

Code:
    cd "/var/mobile/Documents"
    gcc hello.c -o hello
    chmod 755 hello
    ldid -S hello
    ./hello
    Last edited by thekirbylover; 09-09-2011 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Forgot to add chmod

I just ran that and it spat out a hello file in documents folder...
    Does that mean that this worked?

I just ran that and it spat out a hello file in documents folder...
    Does that mean that this worked?
    If you can make it print hello world by running the commands from above, it's working. (Side note: I forgot to add above that you need to chmod the file before executing it, so run that before executing.)

Also, are you using the iPhonos 2.0 headers from this thread, or newer ones from the SDK?

If you can make it print hello world by running the commands from above, it's working. (Side note: I forgot to add above that you need to chmod the file before executing it, so run that before executing.)

Also, are you using the iPhonos 2.0 headers from this thread, or newer ones from the SDK?
    im usng a mix of headers... probably a really bad idea...

and as for the printing hello
    i have some problems with ldid, most likely ios5 related.
    but ill see if it matters

EDIT:

-img_0920.png
    Last edited by PathKiller29; 09-09-2011 at 12:59 PM.

EDIT:

-img_0920.png
    iOS 5 probably changes a private API that ldid uses.

Would you know where to find the lgcc_s.10.5 binary? I'm pretty sure it's a dylib. This is exactly what's happening:
    -imageuploadedbymodmyi1315612931.433680.jpg

no clue...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast