Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No Mail, Calendar, and Contacts settingss

Default No Mail, Calendar, and Contacts settingss
    Okay, so I recently upgraded from an iPod touch 2G to and iPod touch 4G, which came with 4.3.3 default. I was happy for that, because of course that meant I could use jailbreakme.com.
    So recently I moved from Texas to Utah, which means I'm in a different time zone now. When I use Google Calendar on my laptop, I changed my timezone and everything is fine. And I changed my time zone on my iPod, but my events in calendar are still an hour off. Also, ever since getting my iPod I haven't been able to check my email using the Mail app (I prefer the Gmail web app anyway, but still) it says:

Cannot Get Mail
    No password provided for "[email protected]"
    Please go to Mail Account Settings and enter a password.

So all of this kinda makes me want to delete my Google sync and start over, right? Well I can't find any Mail, Calendar, or Contacts settings on my iPod anywhere!
    Any help would of course be appreciated.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Mail, Calendar, or Contacts is found under Settings.

Time zone issues and can be frustrating. My solution was to turn off Time Zone Support in Settings / Mail, Calendar, or Contacts. Maybe not the best solution but it worked for me.

No, there is no Mail, Calendar, and Contacts in Settings. It's just General, Music, Video, Photos, FaceTime, Notes, Store, Safari. Nothing else, except my jailbreak app settings. I think it's something wrong with my iPod, but idk how to fix it.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Ok, the other problems, time zone, invalid password, are secondary. First thing is get access to settings.
    Uninstall recent Cydia tweaks / apps, turn off themes, use SBSettings/More to disable Mobile Substrate items until the Mail, Calendar, or Contacts setting returns.

It showed up again when I disabled "libhide" but I have no idea what to un-install to fix that.
    UPDATE: I think I know now: Poof! I'm going to try un-installing and re-installing Poof!
    Last edited by fredsbassett; 08-28-2011 at 10:46 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Re-enable libhide is SBSettings and respiring. Back to SBSettings/More//Hide Icons. Turn on everything to unhide.

I unhid Mail and got my Settings back. Thanks a bunch. I'll have to deal with looking at that icon I guess.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Haha I created a folder named 'Unused' on the last springboard page and put everything I don't use inside.

If my apartment had wi-fi, I would show you why that wouldn't exactly work for me. I have everything alphabetically arranged in 5 folders in my dock, and then I themed the Google and Voice Memo icons to look like the Google search bar on Android, and I have nothing else anywhere. But that's kinda off-topic lol