Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to make YourTube 3 work on iOS 4.3.x

Default How to make YourTube 3 work on iOS 4.3.x
    If you just bought yourtube 3 or bought yourtube 2 a while ago, you probably noticed it doesn't work on iOS 4.3. Using the update released today (and maybe older versions, I don't know) I figured out a way to make it work.

1) Go to Cydia and install the tweak
    2) Once your device is resprung and whatever, open uP your device's filesystem in whatever you use to browse it (ifile, WinSCP, Cyberduck, iPhone explorer, iFunBox, etc).
    3) Browse to /var/mobile/Media
    4) Create a folder called "YourTube"

That's it! You still can't add the video to your library or convert to MP3, but at least you can download and play videos now. If you want to add the files to the iPod library anyway, you can do this:

1) Download iFile in Cydia
    2) Open iFile and navigate to /var/mobile/Media/YourTube and find the video you want
    3) Copy the file somewhere else and give it a better name than YourTube gave it when it smashed it's head into the keyboard
    4) Tap the little blue arrow next to the file, scroll down, and hit "Add to iPod library".

Give it a few seconds and it should give you a message saying the file was added successfully!

I hope this helps some people!

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Dang thanks for the tip man! works great!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by R.Mortera View Post
    Dang thanks for the tip man! works great!
    Any idea why I can't purchase via cydia?? Says," unable to purchase, requires iPhone 4 OS".

Are you on iOS 4 or 3.x? If you're on 3.x that's why. Just download the regular YourTube, should work fine
    question = (to) ? be : !be;

Thanks

Both of them give me the same error bro.

See

I'm on 4.3.3 i4
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByModMyi1313718803.463554.jpg 
Views:	502 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	543486   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByModMyi1313718814.442273.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	543487  
    Last edited by mmaboi21; 08-18-2011 at 07:53 PM.

Hm, I would talk to the author (CocoaNuts) about that. Sorry man
    question = (to) ? be : !be;

Thanks

No worries thanks for your help bro.

Quote Originally Posted by nerddownthestreet View Post
    If you just bought yourtube 3 or bought yourtube 2 a while ago, you probably noticed it doesn't work on iOS 4.3. Using the update released today (and maybe older versions, I don't know) I figured out a way to make it work.

2) Once your device is resprung and whatever, open uP your device's filesystem in whatever you use to browse it (ifile, WinSCP, Cyberduck, iPhone explorer, iFunBox, etc).
    4) Create a folder called "YourTube"

That's it! You still can't add the video to your library or convert to MP3, but at least you can download and play videos now. If you want to add the files to the iPod library anyway, you can do this:

2) Open iFile and navigate to /var/mobile/Media/YourTube and find the video you want
    3) Copy the file somewhere else and give it a better name than YourTube gave it when it smashed it's head into the keyboard
    4) Tap the little blue arrow next to the file, scroll down, and hit "Add to iPod library".

Give it a few seconds and it should give you a message saying the file was added successfully!

Well....

first of all i want to thank you for your sugestion

I made everything the way you said me... copied to a folder i named Yourvideo, renamed, but i could not had it to work... this last part

doesnt work.... nothing happens when i hit add to ipod library...
    i have IOS 4.3.3.
    Any other idea what to do?

thank you

I have ifile and yourtube purchased.
    However, YourTube doesn't Import at all, and iFile doesn't even give an option to import mp3/mp4s. Help?! (:

Thanks very much for the nice tips sharing!
    Well, though I have used to use free ifunia youtube downloader to get some good videos for offline watching, this still make sense!
    Life is like music. It must be composed by ear, feeling and instinct, not by rule.
    How to Delete Duplicates in iPhoto

Quote Originally Posted by nerddownthestreet View Post

4) Create a folder called "YourTube"e

That's it! You still can't add the video to your library or convert to MP3, but at least you can download and play videos now. eIf you want to add the files to the iPod library anyway, you can do this:

Hello... Just have few questions... I was able to download and play the videos.. The only problem is when i go into ifile click the blue arrow and scroll down, there is no add to library... Instead, add to camera roll... Pls help

Quote Originally Posted by affz View Post
    Well....

first of all i want to thank you for your sugestion

I made everything the way you said me... copied to a folder i named Yourvideo, renamed, but i could not had it to work... this last part

doesnt work.... nothing happens when i hit add to ipod library...
    i have IOS 4.3.3.
    Any other idea what to do?

thank you
    You dont need to create a new folder or even rename the file, you cant do it later.
    -you stay in ifile tab a little blue arrow on the right, then scroll down, click add to camera roll and wait.
    -it will say the file was added successfully!

now you just check it out in photo instead of ipod movies.
    so you can import to computer like photo, and you can put it back in itunes movies to sync back to your iphone, ipod or ipad

try it

Default Movie app path
    Hey guyz.. how can i get to the folder or exact path of movie app through iFile so that i can easily transfer those files in yourtube or iDownloader movies to the movie app... pls... if anyone can help.. thanks a lot...