Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: DePersistWifi Problem

Default DePersistWifi Problem
    I recently downloaded DePersistWifi and this morning I turned off the feature to turn off push messages. From my homescreen I deleted the program via the homescreen cydia delete tweak. Now I happen to get no cellular data working at all; no edge or 3g to be exact. ive tried everything from restarting me phone, shutting it down and resetting the network connection and still no fix. Any help w/ this is greatly appreciated. Thanx you in advance.

I had this problem yesterday I deleted this tweak and still didn't work so I reset my router cuz I have iPod and using wifi and I reset it like 3-4 times then it finally worked.

Quote Originally Posted by kingmoe738 View Post
    I had this problem yesterday I deleted this tweak and still didn't work so I reset my router cuz I have iPod and using wifi and I reset it like 3-4 times then it finally worked.
    i dont have to reset my router i mean actual cellular data from at&t aint coming in: edge/3g. my wifi is working hence me talking right now from work. i need this fixed asap.

anyone got a solution to this?

the app you deleted is probably just to change the settings. DePersistWifi is really a mobile substrate extension that makes calls to SBRemoteNotificationServer and SBWiFiManager. I don't see how it could be responsible for what you claim. But regardless if Cydia hasn't removed it completely you can manually delete a file named NoPersistWifi.dylib in /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries. You should delete NoPersistWifi.plist as well. If those files aren't there then you should start looking elsewhere for the cause of your issues. The settings app (which is what you see the icon for) is /Applications/PersistWifi.app in case you need to delete that too.
    Last edited by rwheland; 02-07-2011 at 09:19 AM. Reason: feel free to send me a message if you need further explaination