+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I strongly recommend you NOT to buy iBlacklist !

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
thank God i found this thread and read it first!!!! I was just about to buy iBlacklist, but based on this conversation, Definitely not Buying!!!!! thank you!
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thank God i found this thread and read it first!!!!

I was just about to buy iBlacklist, but based on this conversation, Definitely not Buying!!!!!

thank you!

iPhone? More like MyPhone ABOSWORTH's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't believe how rude the ***** was in the email. What a crappy company.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dananglabs View Post
    thank God i found this thread and read it first!!!!

I was just about to buy iBlacklist, but based on this conversation, Definitely not Buying!!!!!

thank you!
    This was nearly 3 years ago :-/ we now purchase through PayPal & I haven't had an issue with transferring my license, had to do it 4 times now due to defect iPhones & new iPhone 5.

Rockapp is no more & has been for like 2 years now, all licenses were transferred to Cydia when they joined forces (think they were bought cant mind) so if your a new JB'er then you have nothing to worry about.
    Last edited by rocky5; 03-01-2013 at 06:50 PM.
    Apple are Control freaks we need to stop them before they take over the world!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Not quite true...iBlacklist operate the same policy as ever. Transfers are free for a year, then it's 50% off the new price (i.e. $6)

I have to say it is a very good app, but this policy sucks. I bought it via Rock and then when I came to transfer it to my new phone, went through the same experience as many of the respondents here. The support were just as rude and unhelpful. I did buy it again (because of it's usefulness) but it is the last time. I'll just do without, or find an alternative. iRealSMS does not provide exactly the same function but it'll do me.

Cheers,
    Sq.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Seriously? SIX BUCKS? Wow. I'd say $6 is a damn cheap insurance policy considering what most people are using iBlacklist for!!! I've had it for 3 years and on 2 phones without an issue. I had to pay the $6 fee and couldn't do it fast enough. This is a great app and does exactly what you want it to do... protect you from somebody picking up your phone and seeing a text that you really didn't want them to see. Or a number that is sure to cause WWIII in your home. This is considerably cheaper than divorce court after that insane ex girl friend drunk texts you and your wife sees it. Or that "one" little lack of judgement you made that could seriously come back to haunt you. You buy a $500 "smart" phone but don't want to add a $6 life insurance policy to it. Whatever. To each his own. I know when I switched phones this was the FIRST app I re-installed. Just my 2 cents worth.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hehe, I know what you mean. As I said I like the app, it is a v.good app - at $12 it should be. However, what I personally don't like is the policy and the rudeness. As you know, most iPhone apps are a buy-it-once deal. This one is different and, I suggest, most people don't know that. It's certainly not clear when you fork out the price. People are, I suspect, understandably a bit shocked to find out different when they discover their app is suddenly unregistered again. A great company might say "I'm sorry sir, our policy is that you have free transfers for a year. On this occasion, as you clearly were not aware, as a gesture of good will, we'll renew it for you." What these bozos say is "Look, you have to buy it again, ok? If you don't want to, then don't". It doesn't encourage you to give them more money in the knowledge that in a year's time when you change your phone you're gonna have to give them even more! It's just not nice and that's where my gripe is. The only way to let companies know this is voting with ones feet...there are other apps (not quite as good, admittedly, but probably good enough for my needs) and my feet will walk elsewhere.

There's a market here....anyone who comes up with a decent app with similar functionality with sensible pricing and good service will take all iBlacklist's business overnight....wait a minute, what am I saying? - I'm a software developer!! Sh*t, forget I mentioned it!!

In my case, despite me transferring within the year, my exchange with the company was no better than people here have mentioned. The conversation went something like....

Me: "Hello, I've transferred my iBlacklist to another phone and its asking me to register again, what do I do?"
    Them: "Send me your registration key"
    Me: "Where do I find that?"
    Them: [nothing]
    Me: "You wanted my registration details. Can you tell me where do I get that info?"
    Them: "Send us the paypal reference"
    Me: "What?"
    Them: "Send us the payment reference from PayPal when you bought the app"
    Me: "ABC123456789"
    Them "We can't find that. You'll have to buy it again".

That was it. The above is not a summary of their responses, they are the actual text in the emails!
    I'm sure you'll agree, exceptional service - I can't wait to do business with them again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I, too, was just about to buy it. After having read this, I'll go for SMSNinja as a free alternative. Never mind any changes in licensing policies, there's no way I'll support such a bunch of suckers! 12$ is a pretty hefty price for a Cydia tweak anyway...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well I think before you get pissed at the guy selling iblacklist for a damn cheap price for the value I'd consider getting pissed at apple for not only not including this basic functionality into the phone but forcing you to jail break your phone to get it!

Android phones have this functionality built in and for this reason and other restrictive policies regarding software and apps on apple phones my next phone will be a samsung galaxy. Apple thinks they have me by my snarklies, well to bad for them cause they don't.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, they have just another purchase.

I was about to purchase iBlacklist after reading positive reviews on the web, but luckily I stumbled upon this thread - I registered so I could add my 2 pennies to the thread.

I can't believe that any company can be so rude and unhelpful to paying customers, OK it's not a huge amount of money but its the principle.

As for the comment about it saving money through the divorce court because it stops your wife reading your texts or taking calls - the answer to that is simple - don't wanna get caught, then don't play around!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I bought this ap back in the day. I had the exact same problem as the OP.
    I try to donate as much as I can to the jailbreak ap developers. I feel their work justifies being paid. They allow us to do things the phone should do.
    That being said, after I experienced this same problem, I'll never buy iBlacklist again. That's why I get the cracked versions of the ap. I paid for it. I own it. I cannot use it. They caused me to go the dirty route. I feel completely justified in using cracked versions since I paid and they refused to let me transfer that which I own.
    Incredibly horrible customer service.

Banned
    Thanks
    this is really bad as such a responses are coming out form then top brands on which people have a faith that they will deliver the best whether it 's a product or after sales service but it hurts when they fail in doing so... I'll never consider such brands for my future purchase into the similar segment...

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12