Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: App to create virtual USB connection over wifi network

Default App to create virtual USB connection over wifi network
    I am trying to get pictures off a iPhone 3G that has water damage. The phone is completely usable except water damage that rendered the phone unable to connect or charge over USB. I really want to get the pictures from the phone. Are there any apps (native or jailbroken) that will create a virtual wifi connection through my home wireless network? I know WiFi Sync let's you sync wirelessly through iTunes but I don't think you can get at the pictures that way.

try ssh. you can get to your camera roll through ssh, and ssh works over wifi.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TristianLyons1022 For This Useful Post:

rrrodeybreaker (12-05-2010)

Great idea. Thanks!!

Wait, this just dawned on me. If I can't connect the phone to the computer I can't jailbreak it unless it's running one of the few versions where I don't need to connect to jailbreak. Maybe I'm back to emailing...
    Last edited by rrrodeybreaker; 12-05-2010 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

For those interested ...

I was able to jailbreak the phone using jailbreakme.com because the phone was running firmware 3.1.3. After the jailbreak I installed OpenSSH and used WinSCP to get the pictures off the phone.