+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: View Carrier in Settings? HELP

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Hey Guys, what app is it that allows you to view or change your carrier in the settings. I see some peoples screen shots and it shows what carrier they
    Thanks

Default View Carrier in Settings? HELP
    Hey Guys,

what app is it that allows you to view or change your carrier in the settings. I see some peoples screen shots and it shows what carrier they are able to connect to or view. Please help me on this?
    Last edited by dsstech; 10-26-2010 at 10:16 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dsstech View Post
    Hey Guys,

what app is it that allows you to view or change your carrier in the settings. I see some peoples screen shots and it shows what carrier they are able to connect to or view. Please help me on this?
    If you mean to change it from AT&T, to whatever you want-then you can use Make it Mine in Cydia. It's free by the way. Good app.

Thanks

No I want the carrier info in settings. I don't want to change what it says by the signal. I want to be able to change to a roaming tower or whatever the carrier does in settings

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

It is called the Carrier Selection menu and it involves altering your commcenter. Search for Carrier Selection Menu on here and a tutorial should come up. I am not sure whether it is working on 4.x yet as I have only done it on my old 3.1.2 phone.

Thanks

figured it out for ios4 jailbroke if anyone is interested here is how to do it.

get ifunbox
    grab the carrier.plist from the location of your carrier, if in us and you have att it is located at
    /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/ATT_US.bundle/
    in that directory is your carrier.plist file, copy it over to your pc and back it up. now use the plist editor and add immediately after

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    put this
    <key>OverrideCarrierMenuTo</key>
    <true/>

that is the only place i could get it to work. now copy that file back to your iphone and enjoy being able to choose what network you want to use.

thanks everyone for the help with this. I know it seems like a small and dumb hack, but for those of us who live in the boonies it helps out with voice a ton.

I lost MMS Pictures after doing this
    Last edited by dsstech; 10-28-2010 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My iPhone 3G is showing all time no service but some time it appear network name Thailand dtac but it's lost again please help me