+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pkgbackup??

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Ok so I reinstalled & restored "pkgbackup" & all my cydia app icons are clear with the app name under it....WTF? Any idea?? Well it looks like all you have
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Default Pkgbackup??
    Ok so I reinstalled & restored "pkgbackup" & all my cydia app icons are clear with the app name under it....WTF?

Any idea??

Well it looks like all you have to do is reinstall one of ur cydia appps & then all the icon appear, or @least that what happened for me.....all fix!
    Last edited by cjuni; 10-23-2010 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 4
    iPad2 64gb wi-fi
    iPad1 64gb/3G/wi-fi

Thanks

glad it worked out, thanks for posting your fix
    In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete, drawn only to be washed away. For the time that I've been given, I am what I am. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Guys, Can you help me with this.
    i bought and pay Pkgbackup, bec i want to save my cydia apps after my phone's volume and camera don't work..need to save my cydia apps before restore it and jailbeak again. I have already email to contact for this apps ( pkgbackup ) yesterday. i know he prolly busy for not reply sooner. so this is what i wrote to him.
    Hi,
    I have bought ur apps as pkgbackup and install it. When it's try to install and download package.. It's stop on ( Download basic-cmds )and stop again on ( Download Pkgbackup ) then popup message as :
    Http//apt.iwatcher.net
    Http/1.1 404 not found
    Then I click OK
    THEN: another pop up message as :
    Http//apt.iwatcher.net
    Posix : operation timed out
    I click OK
    THEN it's still in confirm for me install. Meaning it's never install and how I can get it install without getting pop up errors.

I hope I getting it fix soon I restore and backup my cydia apps before restore and jailbreak again.

I have IPhone 3S with 4.1 ( 8B117 ) with Model MC135LL.

Thanks, Bryan

Sent from my iPhone
    Well, can i get pkgbackup somewhere and install as manually install deb files ( if yes, i need to know how to do that ). One more question, i have install Tiny Umbrella and shshs my phone..its found that i have 4.1 and 4.2.1 ( my question is i never install 4.2.1 on my phone. then how do i get that 4.2.1 on phone before i jailbreak on 4.1 )

thanks, Bryan.
    Last edited by bcwyatt; 12-21-2010 at 11:57 AM. Reason: add more words

Thanks

the repo is probably down, try again today, as for having 4.2.1 shsh's tinyumbrella saves shsh's for all current firmwares that apple releases so everytime a new firmware is released Cydia (saurik's servers) will save the shsh's automatically even if you never install that particular firmware

5. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

bcwyatt (12-22-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    j3st3r, Well I make biggest mistake * i think * my phone was having problem..( no volume and camera donít work ) so i did backup my SHSH with Tinyumbrella..i see i have 4.1 and 4.2 as Saved SHSH. so i restored..i try to shift and restore..its canít find my SHSH..so i went on click restore to see what happen..Bang, i have update 4.2. I think i didnít click TSS Server after i Saved SHSH..is that right. So how can i make my SHSH become Custom IPSW with 4.1. I donít wait to wait till 4.2 jailbreak come out. ( my hint is 4.2 jailbreak will be awhile . as for PkgBackup..i never success get it install on my phone. thanks for this MODMYI.comÖits rock, man.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,201 Times in 1,923 Posts

You would create a custom 4.1 firmware or find one online. Then run the TSS server and shift+restore to the custom fw. Or you could shift+restore to a stock 4.1 firmware and jailbreak with Limera1n, Greenpois0n, or Redsn0w.

Edit: you would run the TSS server for the stock 4.1 as well.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 12-25-2010 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

bcwyatt (12-26-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i.Anne @ thanks for reply.. but umm, i did download Custom Restore 4.1 ( 382 Meg ).. i hope its right ones..so i just shift restore on Tinyumbrella and its will find that Custom IPSW. Correct.. or i have to use itunes as shift restore. one more question..what about my baseband firm ( 05.15.04 ) will its be ok..to use restore custom restore 4.1 on this.

Thanks

you would shift+restore in iTunes not tinyumbrella, yes you can use the 4.1 with that baseband, if it gives you an error towards the end of the restore use tinyumbrella to kick the phone out of recovery mode and you should be good to go

11. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

bcwyatt (12-26-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Was working fine when first installed now every time I start it up it says backup files corrupt, if I go to the restore screen( then click to choose which backup ) app closes after a few sec. Tried rebooting and re-installing. Still same prob. Hope I'll be able to restore when I need it. ( I do see the backups going to my dropbox) I phone 4 on 4.2 .

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j3st3r View Post
    you would shift+restore in iTunes not tinyumbrella, yes you can use the 4.1 with that baseband, if it gives you an error towards the end of the restore use tinyumbrella to kick the phone out of recovery mode and you should be good to go
    Want to say ..thank you..its work ..now i'm back with 4.1 till 4.2 come out.

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    You would create a custom 4.1 firmware or find one online. Then run the TSS server and shift+restore to the custom fw. Or you could shift+restore to a stock 4.1 firmware and jailbreak with Limera1n, Greenpois0n, or Redsn0w.

Edit: you would run the TSS server for the stock 4.1 as well.
    i.Annie...Want to say ..thank you..its work ..now i'm back with 4.1 till 4.2 come out.
    Last edited by bcwyatt; 12-26-2010 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost