Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: recovering camera app on iPhone
09-28-2007, 09:00 AM #1recovering camera app on iPhone
I seem to have lost my icon for the camera app. I have searched everywhere for the app using the MobileFinder but I can't find it. I think I have accidentally deleted it. Does anyone know where I can download and reinstall the app or are there any other suggestions? Help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
09-28-2007, 09:02 AM #2
available for download right here! Downloads section up top. Themes-->icons-->stock icons
09-28-2007, 07:49 PM #3
09-29-2007, 02:15 PM #4
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
10-11-2007, 07:44 AM #5
11-07-2007, 11:06 PM #6
I searched e forum and I saw that you suggested to download the application, which I did but after uploading the files to iPhone using ibrickr, it still wont work. Clicking the icon will only freeze e iPhone and bring it back to the main menu.
Can you help? Thanks alot. really urgent.
The Following User Says Thank You to dan2512 For This Useful Post:
11-14-2007, 09:38 AM #7
Has anyone been able to solve this problem? I seem to have had the same thing happen. I wonder if there is something wrong with Finder? Now I don't have a camera!
11-15-2007, 12:22 AM #8
If installing the app manually is not medicating the situation than completely restore your phone and you will be good to go.
11-18-2007, 03:30 AM #9
question,if you completly restore your iphone and you have jailbreak and installer app,will it also delete these app,and then again block other sim cards or will other networks work even qhen you reset your iphone
and one more thing,when I use the customise app,it automaticaly arranged my springboard icons alphabeticaly,and now when I want to change the icons,I can move all of them except photos and camera icon cause they are not in the customise list,I have them on springboard but not in the customise app,so how can I change my icon order to the original order without restoring the whole phone
Well? Is there no one that can tell me how to reset the icons to there original places?
Last edited by sicko; 11-18-2007 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
12-01-2007, 07:01 PM #10
Having the same problem.
Don't really want to have to restore the factory settings, etc. PITA.
Does no-one have a link to download the camera application or a replacement? I can't see anything that looks specifically like a camera app listed in the download link supplied above.
12-18-2007, 10:40 AM #11
step by step instructions for a newbie to reinstall camera app after accidently deleting, thanks to Broomhead
for windows AND mac
1. download: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/dow...do=file&id=105
2. install mobilefinder, ishare and squid via installer
3. unzip the folder to your desktop, open it, find the folder called: MobileSlideShow.app
4. drag that to your desktop
5. visit www.sendspace.com and create a free account
6. open the MobileSlideShow.app folder and upload each file to sendspace
7. go into mobile finder, press create > folder name it "MobileSlideShow.app". touble tap on that folder to open it, and create a new one inside called "English.lproj" (warning: i had to create the folder inside before renaming the original folder)
8. exit to springboard and go into ishare, log in with your sendspace account details, then download > download from my account
9. you should see all the files you uploaded. i suggest you start with the one named: info.plist (this file goes in the sub-folder named "English.lproj"
all other go in the base folder)
find the "applications" folder, you may need to press the ".." button a few times up the top.
9. once you have found applications, enter it. you should find that folder you created in step 7 called "MobileSlideShow.app"
start downloading your files here(NOT the sub folder), you have to do them 1 at a time, so i suggest, marking which ones you have and have not done
note: info.plist DOES go, and is the ONLY ONE to go in the sub-folder named "English.lproj"
all others go in the base folder
note: you can check the original folder you downloaded off this site to make sure your putting the files in the right place, the one on your iphone should be identical to this!
10. once you have downloaded all of the files in the right place, restart your iphone. you should now see the icons have re-appeard
11. now you need to set permissions visit: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...ng+permissions
restart your iphone and it should be done. pm me if you get stuck
Last edited by Trooper; 12-19-2007 at 06:24 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Trooper For This Useful Post:
01-13-2008, 07:30 AM #12
Has anyone been able to solve this problem? I seem to have had the same thing happen. I wonder if there is something wrong with Finder? Now I don't have a camera
This also happened to me. I now have to access my camera through the 'Sketches' app. You should download it off installer and try.
01-13-2008, 10:16 AM #13
and then set permissions
Last edited by Broomhead; 01-13-2008 at 10:18 AM.
04-25-2008, 04:54 AM #14
i ran free disk space it said error so i got out of installer and the installer icon,led banner,and ttr are gone i go into mobile finder they are there with a question mark...how do i get them working help please
05-18-2008, 01:06 PM #15
the same thing happend to me and i tried install the the apps via independence and the icons now show up on my iphone but the apps dont work ....any one find a fix for this yet ??
05-12-2011, 10:28 AM #16
uninstall, download and re-install it.
05-12-2011, 10:30 AM #17
Wow installer, independence, mobile finder? Way to dig up an old thread.