+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iblacklist and ios 4.1 - works?

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
All, Now that ios 4.1 is jailbroken I want to update, but not unless iblacklist works with it. Does anybody know if the latest version of iblacklist is working with
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iblacklist and ios 4.1 - works?
    All,

Now that ios 4.1 is jailbroken I want to update, but not unless iblacklist works with it. Does anybody know if the latest version of iblacklist is working with ios 4.1?

btw .. I have an iphone 4 if that even matters.. Thanks for the help!

iPhone? More like MyPhone ifini's Avatar
    Thanks

No it does not for now.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

+1, I also found it doesn't work. Makes my phone go into safe mode every time I respring. Had to uninstall to make my phone work right.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have iPhone 4 on 4.1 jailbreak with greenpoison and iblacklist installed and working with no problems.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Phil_ellis For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (10-16-2010)

Thanks

When did you install? Maybe it was updated? Hm...I'll have to see again.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,534 Times in 5,852 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    +1, I also found it doesn't work. Makes my phone go into safe mode every time I respring. Had to uninstall to make my phone work right.
    It put me on a friends phone into the endless boot cycle, had to re-jailbreak.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_ellis View Post
    I have iPhone 4 on 4.1 jailbreak with greenpoison and iblacklist installed and working with no problems.

Did you have to do anything special to get it working? I really need iblacklist without it I can't upgrade.

Are the rest of you guys using an iPhone 4 that can't get it to work on 4.1? What was the last ios version u had it working with as well?

Thanks

Yeah I'm on iPhone 4, 4.1. Just tried again. Just kept putting me into safe mode. Oh well ...

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    It put me on a friends phone into the endless boot cycle, had to re-jailbreak.
    That's not good... Glad you got it fixed tho
    Last edited by i.Annie; 10-13-2010 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have used iblacklist with both of the new jailbreaks. Installed last sunday with limerain beta 4 and reinstalled yesterday after greenpoison rc3 .

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Phil_ellis For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (10-16-2010)

Thanks

I was working on a 3G, ticked me off it was the last thing I was installing on her phone too.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gustovier View Post
    Did you have to do anything special to get it working? I really need iblacklist without it I can't upgrade.

Are the rest of you guys using an iPhone 4 that can't get it to work on 4.1? What was the last ios version u had it working with as well?
    I had the rock version of iblacklist installed on 4.01 jailbroken. Reinstalled from cydia on 4.1 and restored my database which was saved from the rock version don't know if that makes any difference. The phone was restored from a backup after the 4.1 restore.

Thanks

That must be the difference, you restored from a back up, which is recommended you never do. Always should always set up as a new phone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    That must be the difference, you restored from a back up, which is recommended you never do. Always should always set up as a new phone.
    why is that? i have 70 numbers in it... so i should all write them on paper and again manually put them in blacklist ?

which is good i didnt becouse this or other way it is not working for no one, except this guy who restored it from rock installation...
    Last edited by zac9999; 10-14-2010 at 07:35 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I only really set up the phone as new if it's a new phone I.e 3G to 4 or iOS version 3.x to 4.x .

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Last edited by gustovier; 10-15-2010 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

It works on iphone 4 running the latest 4.1 firmware.
    I tested with greenpoison and limerain as well.
    If i wasnīt sure, i wouldnīt tell you it works, and also would have pushed an update, but it works on every single iphone i install it, be it from a backup, be it from a new iphone.
    I have 7 iphones over my desk right now, 2 3G, 2 2GS and 3 i4 All of them from firmwares 4.0 to 4.1

Note that if you are installing it from any source different from BigBoss, itīs a pirated version and you can really have problems with those.

Also, what causes an endless system loop boot?
    MobileSubstrate !!!
    Why?
    It modifies these files (/System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.SpringBoard.plist and /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist), so it will be loaded in SpringBoard and also in CommCenter on the next system boot for life.
    When you manually modify these files like the MS installation does, the only safe way is to reboot the device, and not simply restart springboard. If springboard is restarted, something in the apple firmware detects the modification and produces the problem for you. Nice!!!!

IF YOU DON`T REBOOT YOUR DEVICE AFTER INSTALLING MOBILE SUBSTRATE, THIS ENDLESS BOOT PROBLEM WILL HAPPEN FOR SURE !!!

The Reboot button in Cydia shows up when you install Mobile Substrate alone.
    Cydia DOES NOT show the Reboot option if you install a package that is Mobile Substrate dependent AND you donīt have Mobile Substrate installed. Instead, it shows the Restart SpringBoard button, which is WRONG and will surely lead to that problem.

So, steps to install iBlacklist succesfully are below:

1) Install Mobile Substrate alone if you havent done that
    2) REBOOT THE DEVICE
    3) Install iBlacklist from Featured menu in Cydia
    4) Restart SpringBoard

Then it shall be good to go.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spektro For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (10-15-2010), Poseidon79 (10-16-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spektro View Post
    If i wasnīt sure, i wouldnīt tell you it works, and also would have pushed an update, but it works on every single iphone i install it, be it from a backup, be it from a new iphone.
    I have 7 iphones over my desk right now, 2 3G, 2 2GS and 3 i4 All of them from firmwares 4.0 to 4.1

Note that if you are installing it from any source different from BigBoss, itīs a pirated version and you can really have problems with those.

MobileSubstrate !!!
    Why?
    It modifies these files (/System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.SpringBoard.plist and /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist), so it will be loaded in SpringBoard and also in CommCenter on the next system boot for life.
    When you manually modify these files like the MS installation does, the only safe way is to reboot the device, and not simply restart springboard. If springboard is restarted, something in the apple firmware detects the modification and produces the problem for you. Nice!!!!

IF YOU DON`T REBOOT YOUR DEVICE AFTER INSTALLING MOBILE SUBSTRATE, THIS ENDLESS BOOT PROBLEM WILL HAPPEN FOR SURE !!!

Cydia DOES NOT show the Reboot option if you install a package that is Mobile Substrate dependent AND you donīt have Mobile Substrate installed. Instead, it shows the Restart SpringBoard button, which is WRONG and will surely lead to that problem.

2) REBOOT THE DEVICE
    4) Restart SpringBoard

you are the first one that mentioned mobile substrate problem.. i had it installed in package,and everybody else i think, becouse a lot of people have that problem,on every forum ... i have tried everything that i found on forums,there is a lot methods and nothing work... maybe this is a solution,but i can`t try it right now....becouse im in process of downgrading do 3.1.3 i was so mad that iblacklist not working,and ibluenova,and some more programs,but now that make sense when i read about mobile substrate,but i did never using that method,and still it was all working.. ...but now im stuck in recovery mode,becouse of stupid recboot that doesnt work on my win,so now im googling for solution to exit from recovery without recbot ....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So what's the best way to upgrade from jailbroken iOS4.01 to 4.1 and install iblacklist?

Basically is their a way to upgrade with keeping all my blacklists intact. Or must i just reinstall everything from scratch again and re-create all my lists by manually adding in the phone numbers again?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spektro View Post

MobileSubstrate !!!
    Why?

2) REBOOT THE DEVICE
    4) Restart SpringBoard

Bout to try this!!
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @ www.twitter.com/80sBaby_Ky

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gustovier View Post
    So what's the best way to upgrade from jailbroken iOS4.01 to 4.1 and install iblacklist?

Basically is their a way to upgrade with keeping all my blacklists intact. Or must i just reinstall everything from scratch again and re-create all my lists by manually adding in the phone numbers again?
    Start iblacklist , go into database manager then backup database.
    When you synch with iTunes you're database is stored with it so u can upgrade , restore from backup , jailbreak ,reinstall iblackist then in database manager restore database and all you're blacklists and profiles restored.