Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Native Mail Missing

Default Native Mail Missing
    Ok, I don't know how i did this, but somehow, my phones mail app is totally missing. Even if i go into settings, the mail settings is totally gone too. I have scoured the net, and a few forums, but have found no info. So, here is my question, is there anywhere that I can download the native mail app, without having to restore my phone, or will simply syncing it take care of my problems? (the computer I use to sync is acting up, so, haven't tried syncing yet)

Did you use 5 icon spring board? When I used it, then removed it all the fifth icons disappeared. I actually use it now because I like it though. Did you try using spotlight search? I could still find apps that way when they were "gone"

Not the 5 icon springboard, but I do use the 5 icon dock. Spotlight search will find the emails, however, when I try to open them from spotlight search, i get an error message saying that they couldn't be opened. It doesn't find the actual mail application though.

Thanks

Do you have Supreme Preferences, Extended Preferences in Winterboard, or hiding of the Mail app enabled?

Sometimes if you uncheck extended preferences in Winterboard then it'll come back (if not, try re-checking it again).

You can also go to Settings > General > Restrictions and see if it's restricted.