Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Screendimmer 1.45-7 update problem

Default Screendimmer 1.45-7 update problem
    Anyone running screendimmer? Upgrade to 1.45-7 that came out yesterday? When I did, screendimmer lost most of its functionality. I tried reinstalling and playing with settings, but I can't get it to control the dimming or turn of the dim while charging function. Anyone else seeing anything like this or have any ideas?

Running 3.12
    . . . . . . Zeke

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zekerblue For This Useful Post:

a_lunatic (09-03-2010)

I got the same problem here on 4.0.1 tried all that you tried with no luck.

Thanks for the confirmation. I emailed Crash-X. I'll post what I find out.
    . . . . . . Zeke

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Same here on 3.12, 3G. after installation, phone went into safe mode over and over again. Uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted, etc. and finally got over the safe mode issue. however, no functionality. emailed both devs and will post solution as soon as I hear back.

yeah I'm using screendimmer and just updated to 1.45-7 and having the same problem. The main reason I use it is so when I have it on in the car the screen stays illuminated and been working perfectly until this release. I think I will email the author too. There's obviously a problem here!!

I'm running 4.0 on 3G

Good that everyone is emailing. I emailed both devs early Friday morning and haven't gotten a reply yet.
    . . . . . . Zeke

I've found a temporary solution. I uninstalled the version thats not working and found an older version (1.45) and it works as before or how it should do. Not the solution i wanted as i bought the application and the version i have installed is a cracked one i think!!

I have emailed the author but not had a response upto press

I wish there were access to past versions of apps as this kind of thing happens too often!
    . . . . . . Zeke

Yeah thats what I was wanting really like on **********

I can set those settings, but exclude apps makes phone crash

Mail from dev says - I am on holidays <(:-((

Same problem here.

3.1.2 on 3GS.
    Photographer - ASYLUM(nsfw)

Quote Originally Posted by buthe79 View Post
    I've found a temporary solution. I uninstalled the version thats not working and found an older version (1.45) and it works as before or how it should do. Not the solution i wanted as i bought the application and the version i have installed is a cracked one i think!!

I have emailed the author but not had a response upto press
    I've been looking for hours for 1.45 because this latest 1.45-7 version is screwed up. If you would be so kind to share it I'd appreciate it. email: m i s t e r e d (atsign) g m x dot com.

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoney2 View Post
    I've been looking for hours for 1.45 because this latest 1.45-7 version is screwed up. If you would be so kind to share it I'd appreciate it. email: m i s t e r e d (atsign) g m x dot com.
    Hey, I didn't download it so I can email it to you. I got it from cydia using BiteYourApple repo. The address is biteyourapple.com/repo. Add that to your sources list and look for the screendimmer 1.45. Let me know how you get on?

I was emailed a file by one of the developers and copied it over to the phone. It seems to have fixed things (I didn't test all functions though). So it looks like there will probably be another update very soon.
    . . . . . . Zeke

I emailed the author last Friday and not even had an acknowledgement to the email.

Quote Originally Posted by tosbsas View Post
    he is back
    I don't understand what you mean?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

God damn it! This App used to work perfectly. Now it's a piece of ****. Anyone wanting to demand a refund from the author? When something major like this happens shouldn't the author address this ASAP?

Yeah I'm bit peed-off. I emailed him over a week ago. Don't think if he can't be bothered to reply to my email that there's any chance if a refund!!!

Did ScreenDimmer 1.45-8 solve any of the problems?

S-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast