Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Quickreply for SMS on iPhone 4

Unhappy Quickreply for SMS on iPhone 4
    Has anyone else used Quickreply for SMS 1.6.4-3 on iPhone 4 (I'm on 4.0.1)? It claims full compatibility and it's just not true for me. I don't see the "Load earlier messages" button

Somewhat disappointing since this is the first app I paid for.

It mostly works. It allows me to do a quick reply but it doesn't allow landscape keyboard. I'm sure it will all get worked out soon enough. Just sit tight.

mine doesn't work at all. No quick reply, nothing.

Mine doesn't show a quick reply or anything either. I'd rather they just admitted it wasn't OS4 compatible and update properly instead of lying like this.

Yea unfortunatly I can't get it to pop up on my lockscreen

iPhone? More like MyPhone wrecked77's Avatar
    Thanks

I like bite SMS. It works great on ios4

Quickreply is working alright for me. Problems I'm having: nothing that the settings allows you to change works. Basically, no lock replies (unless using lockinfo), no landscape mode, no show older messages. But I am able to change view to call and have a black keyboard... What gives??? Hopefully a new update will take care of this.

It's been over a week. For those of you still wondering: nothing to update.

Problems people are still having on the iPhone 4:
    - No landscape mode
    - No "Load Earlier" button (can't see more than the 1st previous message)
    - Some are experiencing not being able to reply on the lockscreen via the double-tap method

I've been looking around the web a bit and that seems to be the consensus. At the extreme, some people report the app not working at all anymore, however a large concentration of those were people on pre-iOS4 firmware trying 1.6.4-3, which will not work because 1.6.4-3 was made for iOS4 specifically.

Works for me. I have most of the buttons turned off, except for Show On Lockscreen and Show Contact Picture. Pops up just fine. I've had issues with it since I went to IOS 4 (and then to an i4), and have had email discussions with the dev. For the most part, he's got things working. I find if I get a popup and then while it's up I hit the Home button, it throws me into Safe Mode. Though less than earlier versions did over the past month or so. The biggest issue I have now is that the first letter I type in Reply does not show, so I end up getting the second letter of the word and then have to go back and fix it. I've been trying to tap the first letter twice, but that doesn't always work. But it's working, so I don't understand why others of you here can't get it to function. Jailbroken i4 running 4.0.1, AT&T, paid for the app. Maybe it has an issue with other apps you are running? Take 'em off, try it by itself to see if it works; then, if it does, add 'em back one at a time until a conflict arises.
    Senior

Quote Originally Posted by mr117 View Post
    Works for me. I have most of the buttons turned off, except for Show On Lockscreen and Show Contact Picture. Pops up just fine. I've had issues with it since I went to IOS 4 (and then to an i4), and have had email discussions with the dev. For the most part, he's got things working. I find if I get a popup and then while it's up I hit the Home button, it throws me into Safe Mode. Though less than earlier versions did over the past month or so. The biggest issue I have now is that the first letter I type in Reply does not show, so I end up getting the second letter of the word and then have to go back and fix it. I've been trying to tap the first letter twice, but that doesn't always work. But it's working, so I don't understand why others of you here can't get it to function. Jailbroken i4 running 4.0.1, AT&T, paid for the app. Maybe it has an issue with other apps you are running? Take 'em off, try it by itself to see if it works; then, if it does, add 'em back one at a time until a conflict arises.
    Interesting. My biggest pet peeve is really the load earlier button. I have notifier and some status bar mods, do you think that could be making the button disappear?

Appreciate the quick response, I'll definitely check it out and update. Thanks again.

My Load Earlier button is there, I just have it turned off. It was causing issues earlier on before some updates, so I've left it off. I have a status bar mod, so my vote is for notifier.
    Senior

My Load Earlier button is there, I just have it turned off. It was causing issues earlier on before some updates, so I've left it off. I have a status bar mod, so my vote is for notifier.
    There actually may be another interference... Do you use activator to launch SBSettings, if you have it? My default method is swipe across status bar. I'm wondering if that makes it dedicated to that one move somehow and shifts the Quickreply app down so it's covering the Button. We'll see!

Yes, Activator and yes to swipe across status bar.
    Senior

Okay it's official. When I have nothing but the bare minimum installed in Cydia and JUST the official version of Quickreply, I still can't get the Load earlier button to work

I'm even using the updated version from the Rock app now, and I still have no luck. No matter if I toggle the hide Load Earlier Button, including resprings in between. I'm lost.

For those who don't know,"QuickReply is now depreciated software and will soon be free." Quote from quickreply via cydia.

The only prob I have is with the double tap. If I get 1 text then the double tap works, but if there is more than 1, the double tap dosent allow me to respond from lockscreen!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IFlAW4g View Post
    The only prob I have is with the double tap. If I get 1 text then the double tap works, but if there is more than 1, the double tap dosent allow me to respond from lockscreen!!!
    x2. i hate it !!
    Air/4/3GS/Touch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast