+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Any way to retrieve backup data to sync iphone?

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Any way to retrieve backup data to sync iphone?
    Hello, hopefully someone can help me.

Stats:
    iPhone 3G 4.0 (jb with redsn0w/unlocked with ultrasn0w)
    iTunes 9.2.0.61
    Windows XP

Problem:
    Lost backed up information, when I went to sync the iPhone using iTunes everything was empty, contacts, text messages, notes, etc except for music and apps.

How it happened:
    I recently upgraded from 3.0.1 to 4.0, by “Holding down Shift and clicking the Restore button” and selecting the 4.0 firmware. Before I did this I connected my iPhone to iTunes and made a backup so that my contacts, text messages, notes, etc would be backed up and I would be able to restore after the upgrade.
    After the upgrade I connected the iPhone to iTunes and it asked me which backup to use and I selected the one I had made before the upgrade. Well during the syncing process the PC got hot and turned off. I checked the iPhone and nothing got synced. So I started the PC and iTunes. When iTunes started it recognized my iPhone, had my name on the left and I clicked Sync. At this point I saw a message at the top of iTunes like “backing up iPhone” then it started to Sync, now there was nothing on the iPhone because the PC turned off on my previous attempt. After sync completed everything was empty, contacts, text messages, notes, etc except for music and apps.

Questions:
    Is there any way I can get that information back? Is it stored on the PC somewhere?

help!?? and ty in advance ;-)
    M

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

right click your iphone from the list on the left in itunes, and do restore from backup and pick the backup you want to restore from, or use iphone backup extractor to decompress a backup to manually go through files