Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cant Change Carrier Icon

Default Cant Change Carrier Icon
    Hey guys, i need some help. For some reason, i cant change the carrier icon. It always says AT&T. I have tried a few different icons, rebooted my iPhone, yet still nothing! Im running a downgraded 1.1.1 iPhone and i jailbroke it through Jailbreakme.com. Any help will be greatly appreciated,
    Thanks!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Safari View Post
    Hey guys, i need some help. For some reason, i cant change the carrier icon. It always says AT&T. I have tried a few different icons, rebooted my iPhone, yet still nothing! Im running a downgraded 1.1.1 iPhone and i jailbroke it through Jailbreakme.com. Any help will be greatly appreciated,
    Thanks!
    ok... so how are you trying to change them? Through customize or just by dropping the modified carrier file into the SpringBoard folder?
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

Quote Originally Posted by SiLeNtKiLLa View Post
    ok... so how are you trying to change them? Through customize or just by dropping the modified carrier file into the SpringBoard folder?
    Just through customize.

Thanks

install MIM: Make it Mine in utilities, which lets you write whatever you want, then write iPod and then select a carrier image and it will work. only if your carrier text is ipod tho

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

Nah dude. iPod wont work... You need to write AT&T. Customize only changes the AT&T pictures when you change the carrier image... Writing AT&T as your carrier trick the phone into thinking that you carrier is AT&T and changes you carrier icon. And Cutomize changes the default AT&T icon into what you select.
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

Thanks

matt4iphones:
    thanks for taking the time to reply to basically all the threads i just commented in... but im saying that it only worked for me to use iPod, writing AT&T didnt change the carrier image only writing iPod did, FOR ME.

I honesty don't care what has worked for you, so theres no need to reply to every one of my posts, thats great that it worked for you.....

Hey guys...I just found out about the carrier icon on Iphone 3GS 3.0
    If you use iphonebrowser you can go to
    System/Library/CarrierBundles
    In this folder you will find many other subfolders named with a bunch of numbers.
    If you guys carry at&t, the folders where you can change the carrier icon are: 310150, 310170, 310180, 310380, 310410, 310980, 311180 and ATT_US.bundle
    If you guys carry T-mobile, the folder where you can change the carrier icon are: 20416, 21630, 21901, 22004, 23102, 23203, and on and on.

Now I changes the carrier icon in each folders where at&t images are. I reboot the iphone, and voila'!!..my carrer icon totally changed. Everything works perfectly fine and no problem so far.

Remember this method works just on iphone 3.0. Good luck to everybody
    Let me know if you have any problems!