Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SBSettings update?

Default SBSettings update?
    Is it just me or does the latest version of SBSettings have an annoying graphical glitch on the status bar (when active) which obscures the time?

Sorry to say this, but i think its you... Mines fine... And quite literally just updated it... what you got running when it happens? Ill testingding it for ya...

Actually, nothing much at the moment. I'd just restored my 3GS the other day to get rid of some annoying bugs I was having, and so far I'm only running SSH, SBSettings, Categories, Backgrounder/Proswitcher, Yourtube, iBlacklist and Quickreply.

Just updated MobileSubstrate (update didn't show earlier for some reason) which seems to have fixed it. Latest version of Categories is still broken, though.

Seems today's batch of updates has been nothing but trouble.
    Last edited by cypherpunk; 06-21-2010 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Wat problems u having with categories? I havent found any bugs yet :s im running nice a smoothly :s and u got any apps in specific running when u get the problems?

Thanks

yeah i haven't had that problem either however since i have upgraded it will not let me open the options. i tap the more icon and it will pop up but then simply closes right away. at first i thought it might be because my phone was running low on memory but i closed some apps, re-sprung the springboard, even rebooted my phone and nothing works. anyone else with this problem?

Thanks

i actually downloaded the second SBsettings upgrade and its been working fine again for me again.

On another note, my SBSettings randomly removed my "EDGE" toggle. It's not in the Set Toggles menu anymore, and apparently it's stuck in the Off position seeing as I can't get online unless I'm using wifi. 3G and Data still have toggles, but they don't work without edge, correct?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to takkuso For This Useful Post:

Csapi007 (06-30-2010)

Try re-installing the new update. I updated without any issues.
    @Metaserph
    "You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity

Same here, I had the SBSetting toggle update this morning and it completely removed my Edge toggle. Re-installed SBSettings and the Edge toggle is still missing.

I don't subscribe to a data plan, but hopefully we would what's the cause.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Thenextkiller's Avatar
    Thanks

SBSettings work fine for me, but I don't need categories anymore because of the ios 4 firmware.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Damn, same here. :W
    I had noticed it just morning after I've left my apartmen and now I dont have mobil internet all day...
    Hope a reinstall will fix this when I get home.

Hm, I've just read that they removed it becouse it has no use in 4.0. Meanwhile they added a new package to cydia for the 3.x users.
    Can't confirm yet, I'm still at work.

Yep, it works.
    Install EDGE Toggle and it is goint to work just like before.
    Last edited by Csapi007; 06-30-2010 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I am on 4.0 and need the Edge toggle. I can't install the Edge toggle via Cydia because it won't let me.

Anything I can do?

Quote Originally Posted by Csapi007 View Post
    Damn, same here. :W
    I had noticed it just morning after I've left my apartmen and now I dont have mobil internet all day...
    Hope a reinstall will fix this when I get home.

Hm, I've just read that they removed it becouse it has no use in 4.0. Meanwhile they added a new package to cydia for the 3.x users.
    Can't confirm yet, I'm still at work.

Yep, it works.
    Install EDGE Toggle and it is goint to work just like before.
    I can't find this 3x version of SBSettings with EDGE toggle. Could you give me a hint about the repo in which the version is, please?

p.s.
    Found it. It's kinda lame that you have to install the EDGE toggle separately.
    Last edited by Sisq0; 07-01-2010 at 01:23 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You dont need it on 4.0 because the system has its own. Basiccly it doesn't turn on/off your EDGE, it turns on/off your your data connection.
    And for that there's a data switch in 4.0 built in.
    Read the description: ModMyi.com | EDGE Toggle

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Csapi007 For This Useful Post:

Asator (07-01-2010)

You dont need it on 4.0 because the system has its own. Basiccly it doesn't turn on/off your EDGE, it turns on/off your your data connection.
    And for that there's a data switch in 4.0 built in.
    Read the description: ModMyi.com | EDGE Toggle
    But even when I have data switched on I'm not getting internet. I was when I was using the Edge toggle.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hm, interesting. Which data are you talking about? The one in SBS or the one in the system settings?

Hm, interesting. Which data are you talking about? The one in SBS or the one in the system settings?
    I've tried both.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, then I'm out of ideas. :S
    Maybe try network reset but I don't think that will work...
    I'm afraid it's going to be a restore for you.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Csapi007 For This Useful Post:

Asator (07-01-2010)

Yep, thanks for your help though.

Maybe try network reset but I don't think that will work...
    This worked! It should have been the first thing I tried but I just didn't think it would do anything.

Thanks again!
    Last edited by Asator; 07-01-2010 at 03:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I woke up to find my Edge toggle missing as well, but you can re-enable it on Cydia