Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Guide] Duplicate Applications (advanced)

Sorry excuse my computer ignorance...I'm a little lost as what to do with ifile. I found the game I want to copy in ifile on my iPhone. But not sure what to do now. Is there a video explaination like on YouTube? Thanks!!

When you say "1. find the app you want to copy, and copy it. any name will do" how do you do this?? -_- sorry for the simple questions!
    Last edited by sprockets; 01-06-2011 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks, I know how to copy and paste. But could u be more clear on where to copy n paste. Thx

you would copy the folder that the app is in, usually named a bunch of random numbers/letters but theres a setting in iFile where you can show the name and not the numbers EITHER WAY that folder just copy and paste it so you have two of the same thing, and then go into that folder and there should be called something like game.app, go into that folder and find the Info.plist. open that up in iFile and change the bundle identifier. for example from com.apple.Maps to com.apple.Maps2 and you should be set. to change the display name edit the string underneath CFBundleDisplayName

Hi, so I've figured it out, I've copied a game from applications folder and pasted it in documents (on ifile) the gone to the info.plist and changed the bundle identifier to a new name. Like you said. But nothing happens after I save. Am I missing a step?

Uhm wth would you put it in documents..? Put it in applications!

Default Info p list
    Once I figure this out I will be forever greatful to you!
    So I copied the game in applications. To make this easier I'm gunna just copy paste where I think I'm messing up.
    <key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>
    **<string>en</string>
    **<key>CFBundleDisplayName</key>
    **<string>MissSpell</string>
    **<key>CFBundleExecutable</key>
    **<key>CFBundleIconFile</key>
    **<string>launcher_icon_MisSpell.png</string>
    **<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
    **<string>com.reference.dictionary.missspell2</string>
    **<key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
    **<string>6.0</string>
    **<key>CFBundleName</key>
    **<key>CFBundlePackageType</key>
    **<string>APPL</string>
    **<key>CFBundleResourceSpecification</key>
    **<string>ResourceRules.plist</string>
    **<key>CFBundleSupportedPlatforms</key>
    **<array>

I put a 2 where I think the bundle identifier is. Correct? But no new game icon appears
    Last edited by sprockets; 01-19-2011 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Changed mind

yea u copy paste it in applications.. just rename it of course. try rebooting. they dont show up right away for some reason, it should randomly show up. also make sure the permissions are the same as the rest

Okay! It's there buttttt when I open the new icon. It works. Then the old one that I copied does not work. What's wrong? I'm not sure what permissions are. Could it be I havnt renamed the new game yet? Thx so much for your help!

yea try renaming it, im not sure exactly what you have done at this point, basically ur renaming the new folder directory and the bundle identifier

I have renamed the new copy. And left the original untouched. But the original no longer works. For the copy I put a 2 at the end of the bundle identifier and changed the display name. So why does the original not work now

How do I rename the new folder directory? In the plist?
    Last edited by sprockets; 01-19-2011 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Lost? Lol sorry about that.
    So I did all the steps. Copied the game I wanted. That's great. But the original game I used to copy will not run at all. So I have two game icons and only one runs!

hmmmm make sure the permission are the same on the old as they are on the new one.

other than that i have no clue what might have gone wrong. also dont foget i wrote this back in the 3.1.x days

Okay, I have one more question. Then I will leave you alone...promise
    define what permissions are and where I check to make sure they are the same. I'll give it one more try. Thanks again for your help!

In ifile click the blue arrow and scroll down, just make sure they both say rhe same things

Unfortunately it's not working for me with MobilePhone
    I tried many options
    but the app crash after non full-loading/

any solution?

hey i am trying to duplicate an icon following your instructions but whenever i go to edit the plist thru ssh my computer wont show the plist correctly. it just shows a few words and then a bunch of random characters. When i try to edit it via iFile from cydia i can few it correctly but when i try to edit it i get an error saying it cannot be written. Any help pls?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast