Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Notify Pro help

Default Notify Pro help
    anyone know where I can get a guide to set this up or tell me how to get it working with growl? im on a pc running windows 7.

These aren't the [boards] you're looking for.

Use the Mac forum instead. Just click that blue arrow that says Mac.

are you sure? because the notify pro app is a tweak for the iphone and not the mac app, and its connecting to my pc running growl with windows 7.

My bad, I did a quick Google search and found a Mac extension with the same name for delivering Growl notifications for emails. By the looks of it you have to have something called GNTP enabled in Growl? (No idea what that is)

I dont see it anywhere, there's no clear instructions anywhere either -_-
    I payed for an app that is confusing to setup, and im not easily confused by this kind of stuff.

GNTP = Growl Notification Protocol and the windows version has it.

I would give you a hand but i don't have Notify Pro yet.
    Last edited by Cloaky; 01-22-2010 at 07:49 AM.

Hey guys I wrote notify pro, sorry for the lack of documentation, I did a google search just to see if people needed help. I understand it is sligthly complicated to get it to work, but that's just..since there so many moving parts.

Your always welcome to email me as well. The official support forum for the app is listed on the application description:

[ame=http://xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=64545]Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) - XBMC Community Forum[/ame]

Also....There's a youtube video on how to setup Notify Pro, and Growl For Windows:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Psv0wjoBG4&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Notify Pro review[/ame]

You can get growl from http://www.growlforwindows.com/gfw/

Hope that clears some stuff up.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hey!

I just can't get it to work on my 3gs!

I've setted it up just like in the youtube video.. I've tried it on a OS X Snow Leopard Machine and on a WIndows 7 Machine.. both without any luck!

Can you please help me? I can't find your E-Mail Adress..!

Tom
    iPhone 4 16GB 4.2.1 / iPhone 3GS 32GB 4.0.1 / iPhone 3G 8GB 3.1.3 / iPhone 2G 16GB 1.1.4

MacBook Air 11'6" / Hackintosh i7 Snow Leopard

Hello,

I have also just purchase NotifyPro but i cant get to working on a mac.
    Someone need to make a proper f.a.q about how to configure growl on leopard/snow leopard.
    Has anyone get it working?

Best,jesper

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Growl For Mac doesn't support the GNTP protocol. You need to use UDP. These settings will work for any iPhone Mac Pair.

On Mac:
    SystemPrefs => Growl => Network
    Check "Listen for incoming notifications"
    Check "Allow remote application registration"
    Type in a server password

in NotifyPro:

Title: Anything
    IP Addr...: [MAC IP ADDRESS HERE]:9887 (Example: 192.168.1.3:9887)
    Password: [SERVER PASSWORD]
    Call Notify: Anything
    SNS Notify: Anything
    Push Notify: Anything
    Mail Notify: Anything
    Use UDP: ON

It says in the Growl preferences that Growl uses port 9887 for UDP connectons

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ckramea1234 For This Useful Post:

skeredmobile (01-22-2010), trevorrawson (08-03-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by ckramea1234 View Post
    Growl For Mac doesn't support the GNTP protocol. You need to use UDP. These settings will work for any iPhone Mac Pair.

On Mac:
    SystemPrefs => Growl => Network
    Check "Listen for incoming notifications"
    Check "Allow remote application registration"
    Type in a server password

in NotifyPro:

Title: Anything
    IP Addr...: [MAC IP ADDRESS HERE]:9887 (Example: 192.168.1.3:9887)
    Password: [SERVER PASSWORD]
    Call Notify: Anything
    SNS Notify: Anything
    Push Notify: Anything
    Mail Notify: Anything
    Use UDP: ON

It says in the Growl preferences that Growl uses port 9887 for UDP connectons
    Yes excatly, thanks. I've tested those settings and they work. 1.2+ for Notify Pro supports UDP now....

There are some springboard crashes that I've fixed in 1.25 though..just waiting for it to show up on Cydia..hasn't been updated yet.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to johoja For This Useful Post:

trevorrawson (08-03-2011)

I'll have to try this later on my xp machine as it's not working with my windows 7 netbook. Then I can see if it's just the OS or if its something to do with the configuration of my network or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny202003 View Post
    I'll have to try this later on my xp machine as it's not working with my windows 7 netbook. Then I can see if it's just the OS or if its something to do with the configuration of my network or something.
    Don't think windows 7 is a problem ...so..somethign with your settings...I use windows 7 and developed it the app on windows 7

Tried and doesn't work with my Mac...any thoughts? I followed the directions exactly my ip address doesn't start with 192. does that matter?

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by dtothep View Post
    Tried and doesn't work with my Mac...any thoughts? I followed the directions exactly my ip address doesn't start with 192. does that matter?

TIA

No does not matter, as long as your iPhone can reach that ipaddress, and there's no firewall on your mac it should work. if you can pastebin OR email me your iPhone syslog file I can see if I can narrow it down.

I'm pretty sure the iPhone can reach that IP Address but there is a Firewall on my Mac..so that matters...bummer

You'll need to open port 9887 UDP I believe.

Thanks for the update but we have a bigger problem now. I tried turning off the Firewall on my Mac and now my phone goes into Safe Mode consistently when receiving text messages and is also a little slow when receiving them.

Quote Originally Posted by dtothep View Post
    Thanks for the update but we have a bigger problem now. I tried turning off the Firewall on my Mac and now my phone goes into Safe Mode consistently when receiving text messages and is also a little slow when receiving them.

Send me your syslog file, or pastebin it pls.

How would I send that information over to you?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast