Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Notify Pro help

hey Johoja,

I'm not getting anything either... read through this thread and checked everything you suggested to everyone else... can you help me out?

thanks
    -greg

Quote Originally Posted by officialcoopy View Post
    hey Johoja,

I'm not getting anything either... read through this thread and checked everything you suggested to everyone else... can you help me out?

thanks
    -greg
    I'll need some more details....

Notification type? Growl?Notify.io?
    syslog from iPhone?

Quote Originally Posted by johoja View Post
    I'll need some more details....

Notification type? Growl?Notify.io?
    syslog from iPhone?
    I'm OSX 10.6.2
    Growl
    and I sent you my syslog via gmail

thanks!
    -greg

Quote Originally Posted by officialcoopy View Post
    I'm OSX 10.6.2
    Growl
    and I sent you my syslog via gmail

thanks!
    -greg
    No problem, I'll send you an email there.

I'm having the same issue as many here. I cannot get Notify Pro to work with Growl on my MacBook. I have SMS & Call Notify on, the IP address and port set but nothing comes through.

Here is there error that I was getting:

3/18/10 5:10:36 PM GrowlHelperApp[18166] GrowlUDPPathway: authentication failed.

What I found out was that the Notify App was losing the password.

My only problem now is that I am not seeing the reply option on my notifications
    Last edited by drivesoslow; 03-18-2010 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drivesoslow View Post
    I'm having the same issue as many here. I cannot get Notify Pro to work with Growl on my MacBook. I have SMS & Call Notify on, the IP address and port set but nothing comes through.

Here is there error that I was getting:

3/18/10 5:10:36 PM GrowlHelperApp[18166] GrowlUDPPathway: authentication failed.

What I found out was that the Notify App was losing the password.

My only problem now is that I am not seeing the reply option on my notifications

The Mac Growl does not support GNTP (Which is the new standard and is supported on Windows, and coming to the Growl Mac in 1.3, no idea when though)

Mac growl only supports notifications through either UDP (which is what I use, and has limited support (no contact images, no url links) or through Distributed Objects an OSX thing which is not supported on the iPhone.

If you want to reply to SMS messages on a MAC you have to use notify.io

The Windows Growl version works with contact images, as well, and with SMS Reply, so when GNTP comes to the Mac they will work as well.

Just so were clear eventhough Notify Pro will send the notification to notify.io, the notify.io client does not display it, it forwards it to your Growl client installed on your Mac...so you still end up getting the Notification in Growl, but since the notify.io client is running on the Mac its able to use Distributed Objects, and is able to associate a url with the notification.

So if you use notify.io, you'll still be able to see the notifications in growl, another benefit of notify.io is that your not tied to your ip, so if you move your laptop or pc around to a different network, you'll still get notifications.

Hope that clears it up.
    Last edited by johoja; 03-18-2010 at 10:25 PM.

i cant receive push notifications.. i have tried with growl and eventghost. no push notifications were send to the clients...
    i have a iphone 3gs with os 4.0
    is that a known bug?
    what can i do?

Default Connecting Notify Pro to Windows 7
    In order to connect Notify Pro to Windows 7, I had to create a new firewall rule allowing access to IP port 23053. I also created a rule to allow port 9887 to connect, but I did not use it. There is no need to type the port together with the IP address of the computer because there is a separate field for the port in the Android app. You do need to create a LAN password.

Email me at [email protected] if you have any more questions.

Right just come across this so thought i would try it but sadly cant get it going after following the youtube video.

also opened the ports on my router and windows firewallbut no luck

any one anle to help?

Hi, I'm not able to find any details on how to set up Notify.io to allow replying to SMS on a Mac OS X.

Can you tell me what specific settings I need to set on Notify.io? Here is my current set up.

1) iPhone 4 - 4.3.1 with NotifyPro 1.63 purchased from Cydia.
    2) MacBook pro with 10.6.7
    3) DesktopNotifier configured and associated to Nofity.io outlets

I receive notifications for push, SMS, calls and emails. I can respond to emails, by clicking on the email notification, however, nothing happens when I select the SMS notification.

Is there a setting I need to set in Notify.io account settings?

Thanks, any help would greatly be appreciated.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi,

I'm having what seems to be a recurring problem. I installed Growl for Windows (I'm on Vista) and Notify Pro (on my iPhone 4 4.2.1). I've tried enabling TCP port 23053, and even disabling the Windows Firewall altogether, but I can't get Growl for Windows to find my iPhone! I've put in the IP address, port, and password correctly, and resprung, all to no avail. I tried uninstalling, reinstalling, and even trying on a different network. No joy. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Chris

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Update: I have now also tried Snarl, XBMC, and EventGhost. The same thing happens each time - I put all the settings in, respring, and sit around waiting for something to happen. Only once has something happened - it registered with Growl for Windows, about ten minutes after a respring. I have no idea what made this happen, as I hadn't touched my iPhone or PC in that time period. Has anyone else had this experience? Is there any way to force a connection from the iPhone? It's really frustrating that there's no 'connect' button, and that there's no way of knowing whether the iPhone has attempted a connection or not. I don't want to wait an arbitrary period of time for it to register - it should connect automatically, on respring or something. This could be such a great app but its opacity makes impossible any attempt to work out wherein a problem lies.

Cheers,

CP

notify pro 1.78 does not work with growl 3 on mac

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default New NotifyPro problems
    Hi all,

A year down the line, I've still never fully got Notify Pro working. It seemed to work occasionally on my PC, but I could never get it working steadily - random notifications would pop up from time to time, some quite old (e.g. about text messages I had received months ago).

This is my current setup:

MacBook Air (OS X 10.7.4 Lion)
    Growl 1.4
    iPhone 4S 5.1.1
    Notify Pro 1.82

I have tried both the TCP setup (port 23053) and the UDP setup (port 9887); I have the requisite ports open; both iPhone and MacBook are on the same network. Thus far, no registration in Growl, and certainly no notifications.

Before this, I was running Growl for Windows 2.0.9 on Windows 7 SP3. Then, I managed to get some notifications, but, as I say, incredibly sporadically.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks very much,

Chris

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234