+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Notify Pro help

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by lilskaterpunk It's not working for me Here's my specs... On Mac: SystemPrefs => Growl => Network Check "Listen for incoming notifications" Check "Allow remote application registration" Type
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lilskaterpunk View Post
    It's not working for me

Here's my specs...

On Mac:
    SystemPrefs => Growl => Network
    Check "Listen for incoming notifications"
    Check "Allow remote application registration"
    Type in a server password

in NotifyPro:

Title: Anything
    IP Addr...: [MAC IP ADDRESS HERE]:9887 (Example: 192.168.1.3:9887)
    Password: [SERVER PASSWORD]
    Call Notify: Anything
    SNS Notify: Anything
    Push Notify: Anything
    Mail Notify: Anything
    Use UDP: ON

It says in the Growl preferences that Growl uses port 9887 for UDP connectons

I did everything above and respring the iPhone after setting up. Do I need to restart my MacBook Pro?

Make sure there's no firwall on your mac blocking that port.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by johoja View Post
    Make sure there's no firwall on your mac blocking that port.
    I dont have any firewalls on my Mac. Well nothing I know of... lol
    Is there anyway to check to see if blocked? I have my ip xxx.xxx.x.xx:9887 and everything checked on. Growl v1.2 installed on Mac. Allow connections, same passwords. Still not working

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I dont have any firewalls on my Mac. Well nothing I know of... lol
    Is there anyway to check to see if blocked? I have my ip xxx.xxx.x.xx:9887 and everything checked on. Growl v1.2 installed on Mac. Allow connections, same passwords. Still not working
    In growl, click the applications tab....do you see notify-pro or something similar like that...if you do..remove it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

In growl, click the applications tab....do you see notify-pro or something similar like that...if you do..remove it.
    Nope, no notify-pro or something like that. (Checked this on my Mac)

I am using 3G. I checked Growl and its enable on my Mac and port 9887 seems to be working. I just tried a test sending an SMS to myself and nothing is showing up on Mac. Do I need to enter anything in the XBMX settings?

I appreciate the help!
    Last edited by lilskaterpunk; 01-24-2010 at 08:32 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nope, no notify-pro or something like that. (Checked this on my Mac)

I am using 3G. I checked Growl and its enable on my Mac and port 9887 seems to be working. I just tried a test sending an SMS to myself and nothing is showing up on Mac. Do I need to enter anything in the XBMX settings?

I appreciate the help!
    Your mac ip is probably your internal ip address...so you need to use wifi on ur phone to be able to talk to it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It took me a while to set this up with growl but I finally figured out the problem. I am using an iPhone 3gs with a Macbook running Snow Leopard. There were a couple things wrong.

1. It will not work if you have the app open on your phone.

2. Sometimes when it resprang it would change ip address ending back to TCP instead of UDP in growl settings

3. If you have the original or non-pro version of notify installed along with notify pro it will not work.

Besides those few problems I ran into the app is great and working fine right now.

Also a nice feature would be selective anonymity for sms, call, etc because I am using this on my tv display while running boxee and I want to see who is calling but I dont want everybody to see my text message but would like to see that I have received a text message. Great app by the way. It would be really cool to see something like this integrated with a ps3 or xbox360.
    Last edited by aperce; 01-25-2010 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aperce View Post
    Also a nice feature would be selective anonymity for sms, call, etc because I am using this on my tv display while running boxee and I want to see who is calling but I dont want everybody to see my text message but would like to see that I have received a text message. Great app by the way. It would be really cool to see something like this integrated with a ps3 or xbox360.
    I'll see if I can add some more flexibility to the Anonymity functionality.

Were you able to get it to work with Boxee ok? I had a bunch of problems, but I emailed them about it..and they said they would look into it.

Console integration would be amazing...but I don't think they let you send any notifications to them...do they? I thought they were pretty closed off systems.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'll see if I can add some more flexibility to the Anonymity functionality.

Were you able to get it to work with Boxee ok? I had a bunch of problems, but I emailed them about it..and they said they would look into it.

Console integration would be amazing...but I don't think they let you send any notifications to them...do they? I thought they were pretty closed off systems.
    I am still trying to get it to work on boxee but as of now growl is working as a substitute. Ya the consoles are pretty closed off, I wish that wasn't the case but hopefully in the future they will open up as the seem to be with apps like last.fm, pandora, and twitter. Thanks for the app again good stuff.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aperce View Post
    I am still trying to get it to work on boxee but as of now growl is working as a substitute. Ya the consoles are pretty closed off, I wish that wasn't the case but hopefully in the future they will open up as the seem to be with apps like last.fm, pandora, and twitter. Thanks for the app again good stuff.

I was able to get it to work with Boxee by modifying the DialogKaiToast.xml file (most of it is commented out by the boxee dudes).

The problem I was having was that...Boxee does not allow/or does not support uploading a file...which is what I do ..I upload the contact picture before actually displaying the notification.

On top of that...Boxee crashes if you post a notification with an image that does not exist (something I shouldn't do, ...but Boxee shouldn't crash either).

I emailed them about it..and they said they would look into it...haven't heard back.

I will be modifying my code to check if the upload was successfull..and then only try and use contact picutre in the notification.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I can't get it to work either...and I did pay for it. thought it was a brilliant idea.

can you please help me? my setup:
    -opened port on my router: UDP 9887 for both my mac and iphone.
    -don't run a firewall
    -using local IP 192.168.1.72:9887
    -use only wifi: on
    -notifications: all on
    -udp: on

i tried when i put my iphone to sleep-nothing
    i tried keeping my iphone awake-nothing
    i tried the app keepawake and keeping my iphone awake-nothing...

getting desperate here..

ps is it so, that when the iphone goes to sleep it disconnects the wifi?! os does notify pro trigger to use a wifi when available? because otherwise i will always have to run keepawake or keep my iphone from sleeping..

thanks in advance for your help

kind regards, theiof - daniel

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theiof View Post
    I can't get it to work either...and I did pay for it. thought it was a brilliant idea.

can you please help me? my setup:
    -opened port on my router: UDP 9887 for both my mac and iphone.
    -don't run a firewall
    -using local IP 192.168.1.72:9887
    -use only wifi: on
    -notifications: all on
    -udp: on

i tried when i put my iphone to sleep-nothing
    i tried keeping my iphone awake-nothing
    i tried the app keepawake and keeping my iphone awake-nothing...

getting desperate here..

ps is it so, that when the iphone goes to sleep it disconnects the wifi?! os does notify pro trigger to use a wifi when available? because otherwise i will always have to run keepawake or keep my iphone from sleeping..

thanks in advance for your help

kind regards, theiof - daniel
    Are you on a mac? In growl on your mac...is notify-pro there under applications?

Since your using your internal IP address I'm hoping you have WiFi on (and connected) when you get a call or sms?

Did you enable allow network notifications, and incoming connections in Growl ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes, on a mac.

No, Notify-Pro is not under applications in Growl settings. This shouldn't be right? I read that on the blog somewere. I don't know if I have my Wifi is on and connected when I get a call, how can I check this?..I have KeepAwake.

But with my tweets he doesn't notify me either. What can I do to make it work on my internal IP?!

PS. Is there a way for me to use my external IP then? because I don't know how to check if my external IP is static or dynamic..and which one it is. I did set up Growl with listening to incoming and network notifications..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a bug with the SBSettings NotifyPro on/off button. When on, it works perfectly. When it's turned off, you don't get notification for emails (which is what is should do) but continues to notify any push notifications. I don't have SMS so don't know if it continues to notify when SBSettings off button is on but I imagine it would because it would consider as push notification.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nartac View Post
    I have a bug with the SBSettings NotifyPro on/off button. When on, it works perfectly. When it's turned off, you don't get notification for emails (which is what is should do) but continues to notify any push notifications. I don't have SMS so don't know if it continues to notify when SBSettings off button is on but I imagine it would because it would consider as push notification.
    No...its only for Push notifications that that bug exists...I'll fix it.

CALL/SMS/EMAIL should be fine..Only PUSH should experience this. I've fixed it, should be in the next rls. Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No...its only for Push notifications that that bug exists...I'll fix it.

CALL/SMS/EMAIL should be fine..Only PUSH should experience this. I've fixed it, should be in the next rls. Thanks.
    Thanks so much for quick response and support. It's a great app and well worth the money. Thanks again

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nartac View Post
    Thanks so much for quick response and support. It's a great app and well worth the money. Thanks again
    No problem. I'll be releasing 1.3 in a day or two. It will have this fix. In it...

17. The Following User Says Thank You to johoja For This Useful Post:

rob897 (02-17-2010)

Thanks

Fantastic app, nice to see the author supporting his app.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rob897 View Post
    Fantastic app, nice to see the author supporting his app.
    Thanks,

1.4 should be out soon, notable changes are the ability to reply to SMS's if your using notify.io, or growl.

Given that you are connected to WiFi when you receive the SMS.

Thanks

Thanks,

1.4 should be out soon, notable changes are the ability to reply to SMS's if your using notify.io, or growl.

Given that you are connected to WiFi when you receive the SMS.
    how do you reply to the sms using notify.io?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iName View Post
    how do you reply to the sms using notify.io?
    If when you receive the notification you are on WiFi you'll be able to click the notification, and a webpage will open up letting you reply.