Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Notify Pro help

Sorry but I guess I don't follow you here..I am not sure what I am pasting or what you need here. I would try and help you out but am lost as to what to give you

Quote Originally Posted by dtothep View Post
    Sorry but I guess I don't follow you here..I am not sure what I am pasting or what you need here. I would try and help you out but am lost as to what to give you

Check your pm.

i downloaded the new update from cydia that supports UDP and now it works!

there is just some small bugs.

1) when you go to notify settings in the app and press "help" the app crashes.

2) is it any way to get growl to connect to the adressbook and show a picture of the person calling/texting? now it looks like this

3) I dont understand what the "Wifi Only" settings does in the app?

4. Last and final, i have dynamic IP, so everytime i boot my cpu i got a different ip-adress, is there any way i dont have to get into the notifypro app and change the ip-adress after reboot? Or do i need to get a static IP from my internetprovider?

Thanks for a great app

Best, jesper

Quote Originally Posted by jesper_u View Post
    i downloaded the new update from cydia that supports UDP and now it works!
    Glad to hear that !

I do want to add contact pictures for growl, like i do for xbmc notifications.

Unfortunately...the number of people pirating this app vs the number of people who actually bought it is disheartening. It's a 4-1 ratio...

Given that...my primary goal right now is to lockdown the app with licensing stuff.

It's unfortunate because I priced the app low just so that wouldn't happen if the ratio the other way around or even 1-1 I wouldn't have cared.

1) when you go to notify settings in the app and press "help" the app crashes.
    I'll fix it in the next rls.

2) is it any way to get growl to connect to the adressbook and show a picture of the person calling/texting? now it looks like this

3) I dont understand what the "Wifi Only" settings does in the app?
    It means...that it only attempt to notify you when you are on Wifi. I.e) you dont have a wifi connection and you are using your internal lan addresses to send notifications, then they would never succeed over the data plan, so even try sending them.

4. Last and final, i have dynamic IP, so everytime i boot my cpu i got a different ip-adress, is there any way i dont have to get into the notifypro app and change the ip-adress after reboot? Or do i need to get a static IP from my internetprovider?
    Are you using your public external ip to send notifications or your internal lan ip...i.e) did you put the ip address that looks like the found here Open Port Check Tool under Your IP: or did you use another ip?

Either way you can either assign a static ip to your pc if your using lan address...or use dyndns if you are using your external address.
    Thanks for a great app

Best, jesper[/QUOTE]

Dear Johoja,

Thank you for your quick replay

It sux that people pirate your software when its so ridicilious cheap!
    Fix the license thing!

Looking forward to the contactsupdate in the future.

I put the ip that i got from this Open Port Check Tool in the app. i will try to change that to my local ip adress instead.

Take care,
    best, jesper

Quote Originally Posted by jesper_u View Post
    Dear Johoja,

Thank you for your quick replay

It sux that people pirate your software when its so ridicilious cheap!
    Fix the license thing!

Looking forward to the contactsupdate in the future.

I put the ip that i got from this Open Port Check Tool in the app. i will try to change that to my local ip adress instead.

Take care,
    best, jesper
    Keep in mind.

Using the IP from canyouseeme.org will work over your data plan, if that is something you want.

The local ip address will only work over wifi.

If you want the best of both worlds I recommend dyndns or no-ip. They give you a free hostname i.e) jesper.dyndns.org -- will point to your external ip address all the time, and updates automatically if your ip changes, etc.

Default (null)
    hey

i like the program but one issue at the moment..

when i get a call it says - Incoming Call (null) or a text says (null) and then the text info.

my contacts are thought google sync, is that an issue?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cbeale View Post
    hey

i like the program but one issue at the moment..

when i get a call it says - Incoming Call (null) or a text says (null) and then the text info.

my contacts are thought google sync, is that an issue?

thanks
    Nope..not an issue...I'm guessing though that your contacts in your address book don't have a First/Last name? Maybe a company name only...!?

nope, theyre in normal first/last name format...

Quote Originally Posted by cbeale View Post
    nope, theyre in normal first/last name format...
    That is strange....could you send me your syslog file then?

sure where can i find that. it happens on both mac and pc sides.

I'm having some problems setting up Notify Pro 2.5 -- I did everything step-by-step from the YouTube video, added my wifi IP and my router IP, but still, it doesn't even register with Growl for Windows. Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by JesseF83 View Post
    I'm having some problems setting up Notify Pro 2.5 -- I did everything step-by-step from the YouTube video, added my wifi IP and my router IP, but still, it doesn't even register with Growl for Windows. Any help?

That's pretty strange....did you enable network notifications, and set a password in Growl for Windows.?

Yes I did. I don't know why it's not working. I have Grip (Growl for the iphone)- could that interfere with it?

Quote Originally Posted by JesseF83 View Post
    Yes I did. I don't know why it's not working. I have Grip (Growl for the iphone)- could that interfere with it?
    Not likely...pretty different apps....you have any IM? I'll troubleshoot it with u.

Yes sir - JesseF88 on AIM

It's not working for me

Here's my specs...

On Mac:
    SystemPrefs => Growl => Network
    Check "Listen for incoming notifications"
    Check "Allow remote application registration"
    Type in a server password

in NotifyPro:

Title: Anything
    IP Addr...: [MAC IP ADDRESS HERE]:9887 (Example: 192.168.1.3:9887)
    Password: [SERVER PASSWORD]
    Call Notify: Anything
    SNS Notify: Anything
    Push Notify: Anything
    Mail Notify: Anything
    Use UDP: ON

It says in the Growl preferences that Growl uses port 9887 for UDP connectons

I did everything above and respring the iPhone after setting up. Do I need to restart my MacBook Pro?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast