Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help with gettings started with coding my own app

Thanks

Default help with gettings started with coding my own app
    heres what i would like to do, my idea is based on the ants app:

i would like to change the ants to snowflakes and make them fall from the top of the screen and disappear at the bottom.

i am really into seasonal themes for all my digital stuff. i have a nice winter one for my ipod and i would like to start on one for my iphone.

i have no experience coding anything for the iphone or even a mac. ive only done things with windows because im pretty new to mac and havent had much time to mess with it.

if someone could just give me some basic information on where to start, what programs to use, etc. i would also find it useful to be able to view the code for the ants app. im assuming the AntsController holds all the programs information. what would i use to open this file?

also i assume i can code iphone programs on my mac, is this correct? or must you do coding with programs on the iphone, ie. terminal, etc.

i am very good at just figuring out how stuff works, i just need a little push in the right direction here. any help would be greatly appreciated... thanks!
    Last edited by mjdaul; 09-26-2007 at 01:52 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Im into that too...making something with the Ants source...

I need the same kind of help you need =/