Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How come I get get snes4iphone and gpsphone to save my games?

Default How come I get get snes4iphone and gpsphone to save my games?
    Im using version 1.5.0 gpsphone and version 1.0.0 snes4iphone and when I play games and choose to save them the game goes through the saving process but when I go to load a save up there isn't anything there, and I tried bookmarks and again nothing get saved. Im using 1.1.3 and tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that didn't work, what do I do?
    Tune in
    Turn on
    Drop out

Thanks

This issue's been brought up lots of times, and there is a solution on this forum:

chown -hR /var/mobile/Media/ROMs mobile

In Terminal (Mobileterminal is in installer, you should look for revision 207)

Any problems you have will most likely have an answer already, use the search feature; it saves time rather than creating a new post.
    Last edited by dale1v; 03-16-2008 at 07:38 AM.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dale1v For This Useful Post:

andypropaganda (03-27-2008)

Ok, umm could I just do that in ssh?
    Tune in
    Turn on
    Drop out

Thanks

yep.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

How?

Whats chown -hR?
    Last edited by xypex982; 03-17-2008 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Tune in
    Turn on
    Drop out

Thanks a lot for the help Dale! Appreciate it!

I am getting an invalid user error when I try doing this on my 114 iphone w/ Winscp, anybody know what's wrong?
    -Ben

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by auburnguy32 View Post
    I am getting an invalid user error when I try doing this on my 114 iphone w/ Winscp, anybody know what's wrong?
    Same here, installed mobileterminal and term-v100 and same thing.

the command is wrong written.. it says wrong username 'cause "mobile" has to be written first and then the path.. it should be like this:

chown -hR mobile /var/mobile/Media/ROMs

if you get errors sleep your ipod/iphone by holding the power button a few secs and try again befora launching any other app

hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by paternick View Post
    the command is wrong written.. it says wrong username 'cause "mobile" has to be written first and then the path.. it should be like this:

chown -hR mobile /var/mobile/Media/ROMs

if you get errors sleep your ipod/iphone by holding the power button a few secs and try again befora launching any other app

hope this helps
    Thanks dude
    It works

is it normal if i get in front of every gba file in terminal this ": Operation not permitted"?