Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Disable Texting Messaging Alert Sound While on the phone

Default Disable Texting Messaging Alert Sound While on the phone
    Is there a way that I can disable the alert sound from a incoming text while I'm on the phone without putting my phone on silent?

I don't like how people can hear when I get a text while I'm on the phone with them.

Any help?

Thanks

I have a similar question...

I am wondering if there is a script or something that I can add to my 3GS phone somewhere that does works like this:

As of now, when I am on the phone and have a message, email, etc alert come through, it sends the sound through the the speaker that meant for my ear.

However, my 3G would do the opposite. when I was on the phone with my 3g, it would send the alert through the louder speaker at the base of the phone instead, NOT the ear speaker. This is what I want.

I want this because my various message .cafs are really loud and when they come through the ear speaker during a call, it sounds almost as if it's going to blow the speaker.

So, is there a way to direct the in call-incoming message alerts to the bottom speaker rather than the ear-speaker??

Thanks, and not meaning to hi-jack the thread either. It's been a question in my mind for a bit and figured it related close enough to your question to post it here.
    Last edited by muffpirate; 09-24-2009 at 02:41 PM.

Yeah it's weird talking onthe phone and yet another person can say. "Hey you got a text message"