Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Making icons invisible

Default Making icons invisible
    I am going for a clean look and want to use invisible icons.
    I did it before but it's been a while and now I am having problems making icons invisible.
    I am using the White Apple theme, awesome theme, and place an invisible icon in the "icons' folder with exactly the same name as the application icon I want to replace. Then I go to the application's folder and rename the icon there. Then what happens is that in the place of the application icon appears a blank box exactly the same size as the icon I want to make invisible.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0262.png  

I figured it out so here it is in case somebody needs it.
    Get an invisible icon from Cydia or make one.
    Put it into the "icon" folder of whatever theme you are using.
    Rename the invisible icon to the application's name whose icon you want to make invisible. For example if you want have Kotoba's icon invisible (Japanese-English dictionary) then name the invisible icon Kotoba!.ping as that is the name of application folder in the var/mobile/Applications directory.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sadsamurai View Post
    I am going for a clean look and want to use invisible icons.
    I did it before but it's been a while and now I am having problems making icons invisible.
    I am using the White Apple theme, awesome theme, and place an invisible icon in the "icons' folder with exactly the same name as the application icon I want to replace. Then I go to the application's folder and rename the icon there. Then what happens is that in the place of the application icon appears a blank box exactly the same size as the icon I want to make invisible.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks.
    try this site on your apple device using safari
    Please View From iOS device