+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SwirlyMMS on AT&T

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I know some people have been successful getting it to work on AT&T in the past, but most couldn't. Now that AT&T is starting to support MMS on the iPhone,
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default SwirlyMMS on AT&T
    I know some people have been successful getting it to work on AT&T in the past, but most couldn't. Now that AT&T is starting to support MMS on the iPhone, would SwirlyMMS work on an original iPhone? Or are they going to be blocked like they've always been on the original and only go through for the 3G and 3GS?

My sister and one of my friends has the original iPhone and I've heard VPN Editing to get ActivateMMS2G didn't work, so I was wondering if Swirly would. Anyone with an original iPhone on AT&T got Swirly working? Anyone not have it working?
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

dude you have enough post to now how to search right

ModMyi.com Search Engine
    Mac Pro 2x2.66
    1.3 TB HDD
    6 GB RAM
    2x24" Dell 2405 monitors
    PowerBook 17"
    8GB Gen1 jailbroken Iphone
    16GB 3Gs white
    60 GB ipod

Thanks

Wow. Thanks for making me search for a bunch of old threads. You're the best. ;]

But, ya know, I was hoping for something a bit more updated. Something about SwirlyMMS working AFTER AT&T turned on MMS for iPhones. Maybe even something discussed this year.

You have enough posts now to know you shouldn't blurt out a random answer before actually reading what the person is asking for.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

ok well at&t hasn't even released this update yet so how up to date can you be
    Mac Pro 2x2.66
    1.3 TB HDD
    6 GB RAM
    2x24" Dell 2405 monitors
    PowerBook 17"
    8GB Gen1 jailbroken Iphone
    16GB 3Gs white
    60 GB ipod

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I have used swirly on my original iPhone..But I am looking for the AT&T MMS service...And as it is said that AT&T is starting to support MMS on the iPhone on 25th september...But I have heard that the MMS service will not be available for all the region...Is it true???Anyone knows anything about it???
    mod/edit links removed

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by €hR!$ View Post
    I know some people have been successful getting it to work on AT&T in the past, but most couldn't. Now that AT&T is starting to support MMS on the iPhone, would SwirlyMMS work on an original iPhone? Or are they going to be blocked like they've always been on the original and only go through for the 3G and 3GS?

My sister and one of my friends has the original iPhone and I've heard VPN Editing to get ActivateMMS2G didn't work, so I was wondering if Swirly would. Anyone with an original iPhone on AT&T got Swirly working? Anyone not have it working?
    I will be able to let you know in about a week. My wife is out of town, but she has a 2G with Swirly on it. I had it on my 3G (thought I might have had better luck with Swirly since it was no love with the Messages app), and it started working yesterday, but then so did my regular messages MMS, so I deleted Swirly as it was causing a very strange conflict on my phone.

Every time I sent myself an MMS, it would go straight to Swirly, but not my Messages app. But that was not the strange part. Every time I received the MMS, my signal would collapse. I would loose all signal for several seconds. My phone began randomly crashing too. All of these problems went away though as soon as I deleted Swirly. I will ask my wife to check her phone tomorrow, but since I haven't done a sim swap on it for quite some time, I doubt that it will work. But if it works, I'll let you know.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWNCO View Post
    ok well at&t hasn't even released this update yet so how up to date can you be
    They haven't released the update, but they've been supporting MMS on the iPhone for a while now for those who installed the hack. I installed the hack in August and MMS has been working on my iPhone, which it wouldn't have if I tried a month sooner without swapping the SIM several times a day. Since AT&T hasn't been blocking MMS on so many iPhones for a while now, I wanted someone to let me know if they got Swirly to work on the original iPhone now.

@1hihum, so did it?

Theme Creator
    Thanks

I did not do the sim swap on it, but I did try it with the same setting that work on my 3Gs. Sadly those settings did not work. I figure I will try it tomorrow night, once AT&T release the update. I will try it without the sim swap first. If that doesn't work then I will try the sim swap method.

I know swapping the sim and calling AT&T worked on that phone before, so I want to try it without the swap first, to see if AT&T made the change for the 2G phones as well. I'll post the results.

Thanks

I installed activatemms2g and the 5.0 carrier file on her phone and the camera icon came up, but it won't let me send MMS. I swapped her SIM into an old phone and waited over 10 minutes trying to send an MMS on that phone and it never worked. The phone on AT&T's website said it was the phone I put her SIM card in, but MMS never worked. When I did that with my SIM, MMS started working within 3 minutes. I don't know what's wrong with her account, but hopefully it starts working by tomorrow when the update is officially released.