Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help! how do u change slide to unlock text

Thanks

Default Help! how do u change slide to unlock text
    i really would like to know how to change this. does anyone know how, i used to be able to do it with customize but now im on 3.0 i used to have it say sync this ***** when it was syncin too!! i loved changin that stuff. any help would b appreciated

root/system/library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/English.Iproj/SpringBoard.strings

I just did this today, I used iFile on my phone to navigate to the file, open it, and edit it

Scroll down to line "AWAY_LOCK_LABEL" = "******", Insert what you want your slider to say where I put the ****** (My slider now displays my name BTW)

You can change most any label on your phone from this file

Hope this helps

Thanks

Default help
    whats the string for this, i think i changed the CORPORATE_LOCKED_SIM_STRING_AWAY_LOCK_LABELRE-CALIBRATE INSTRUCTIONZNo Results_ now my text mask reads AWAY_Lock an i have no number on my calender icon

You may be in the wrong folder or viewing the wrong file. The Strings file for your lockscreen and powering down screen looks pretty simple.
    If you have any themes installed, it's actually easier to just modify the Strings through that.

Go to one of your themes, so say it's saurik.theme
    Themes.XXXXX\Saurik.theme\Bundles\com.apple.spring board\en.lproj\SpringBoard.strings

Edit that SpringBoard.strings file with notepad or wordpad or something, or just take what I've attached, unzip it, and copy it in. You can change the text to whatever you'd like.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default size/color
    put springboard.string in a theme doesnt work...and i would like to know, how to change the size and the color of this message

If you look in the theme folder (using iFile or some other similar program) and find the springboard.string file and modify that, you can change it to whatever you want. Works fine, I just did it.