Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to change Email/text alert tones?

Default How to change Email/text alert tones?
    Is there an app or easy way to have more choices of tones?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,893 Times in 6,043 Posts

I use an app called Notifier in Cydia, it gives you i think 8 different choices for tones. I really like it, also gives status bar notifications.

you can always use winterboard to apply sound themes, but it really only works if you create a custom theme. if you are wanting to change just a few things....... then check this out

was using that in 2.2.1 days but i'm sure the file structure is the same.... i think
    this can also be applied to emails as well all you need to do is find the file that says email... i think

remember to alway back up your original files... easiest way to do so is by just typing bak in the file name

example: original file=>email.caf backup file=> email_bak.caf

that way if anything goes wrong all you have to do is delete the _bak and you'll have your original file to use still...

hope this helps
    8Gig > 1.0 FW (dead spot on screen)
    8Gig > 1.0.2 FW (broken vibrate after a while)
    8Gig > 1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2(Jonny5 Still alive)

Or, this is for experienced users, you could SSH into the device to the location "/System/Library/Audio/UISounds" and replace these two files:

new-mail.caf
    ReceivedMessage.caf

To convert an mp3 to a caf file here is what you need to do. Use a free audio converter to change the mp3 to an aiff file. Then rename the extension from "new-mail.aif" to "new-mail.caf" and SSH it back into the device.

I've tried it before and it will work in the device.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store