Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: missing signal bars

Default missing signal bars
    hello, i have a jailbroken iphone 3g with 3.0 firmware and i downloaded a mod from cydia called "Coloring Bars with NLKPN" from Hackers.nl, a trusted cydia source. i decided i didn't like these bars, so i deleted the package (it is not a theme, it is installed when you download it) and now my signal bars are gone completely.

this looks stupid to say the least, and i would like to know if anyone has a solution. i don't really like any themed signal bars that cydia has to offer, so i would appreciate it if someone told me how to get my original bars back.

uhhh... bump?
    Last edited by abacabb; 06-30-2009 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by abacabb View Post
    hello, i have a jailbroken iphone 3g with 3.0 firmware and i downloaded a mod from cydia called "Coloring Bars with NLKPN" from Hackers.nl, a trusted cydia source. i decided i didn't like these bars, so i deleted the package (it is not a theme, it is installed when you download it) and now my signal bars are gone completely.

this looks stupid to say the least, and i would like to know if anyone has a solution. i don't really like any themed signal bars that cydia has to offer, so i would appreciate it if someone told me how to get my original bars back.

uhhh... bump?
    hmmm that is very weird that has never happen to me b4 the only thing i would recommend you doing is to reinstalling that package see if your signal bars come back and if they do delete the package then hold your power and home button down until your fun restarts when u see the apple logo let go of the power and home button..and if that does not work i think u going to have to restore let me know what happens.

the thing is that my signal bars come back if i install a signal bar theme from winterboard, but if i take off the theme there's just a blank space... lol. i'll try doing what you said though.

ok, so i reinstalled this dumb program from cydia ("Coloring Bars with NLKPN") and cydia showed me a few errors, something along the lines of "Default_1_Bar.png" does not exist, etc. and i restarted my springboard and my regular bars showed back up.

long story short, blacklist this mod until they find a way to install it (like winterboard) without it deleting your default bar images when you UNinstall it.
    Last edited by abacabb; 06-30-2009 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

glad i could help man,yea there is some that need to be black listed lol