+ Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: activatemms2g?

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by Iman07 my problem is that it every mms fails. i have all the correct settings. here they are: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms 216.155.165.50:8080 Wap.voicestream.com i even tried: mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc 216.155.165.50:8080 wap.voicestream.com
    iPhone? More like MyPhone DayumQuitPlayin's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Iman07 View Post
    my problem is that it every mms fails. i have all the correct settings. here they are:

216.155.174.84/servlets/mms 216.155.165.50:8080 Wap.voicestream.com

i even tried:

mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc 216.155.165.50:8080 wap.voicestream.com

everything is sticking but when i go to send a message it just fails. i know i have MMS cuz i have the unlimited plan with tmobile and i use to be able to send MMS with Swirly which i uninstalled before installing this one the second time. i even changed the max rate from 9999 to blank and its still not sending the message. evidently i cant receive either. what are my options here? whats going on with it? anyone else having this problem?

Me too, I set everything up correctly. I was on the phone with T-Mobile and the tech told me all the info to put in. He disconnected by mistake, but after the settings, the camera icon came on and everything. Thing is, my MMS messages would fail too. I have the unlimited package too.

I also had Swirly, I uninstalled it. Before I did, I notice I had received an MMS, not sure if it was from the Tech, but it went to Swirly instead of my Native app. I tried to retrieve it but ofcourse it crashed and rebooted my iPhone.

Anyone have similar problems or know how to resolve this?

Thanks

HEY!!! i figured out how to get it so save the MMS APN, well kind of. at the very bottom of the Cellular Data section there is a "Reset Settings" button. i pressed this and it automatically put the APN in the Cellular Data, Video Voicemail (???), and MMS spots. all i then had to do was add the MMSC and the Proxy and it all stayed.

its still not sending though. i had all 5 bars and it just hangs at about 85-90% sent for about a min and then fails. somehow i did receive two of the pics i tried sending myself earlier and they are really crappy quality. kind of not even worth it

EDIT** i believe the reason the received pics are so crappy looking is that when you tap it to look at it full screen all it does is stretch the small thumbnail you see in the text, it doesnt actually open up the whole pic like it should. ill try having someone with a different phone send me a pic and see if its better.
    Last edited by sirganon; 06-28-2009 at 01:14 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sirganon For This Useful Post:

RICCO21 (06-28-2009)

Thanks

WTF, mike!

Four sounds good. I might be home earlier though. Like three.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DayumQuitPlayin View Post
    Me too, I set everything up correctly. I was on the phone with T-Mobile and the tech told me all the info to put in. He disconnected by mistake, but after the settings, the camera icon came on and everything. Thing is, my MMS messages would fail too. I have the unlimited package too.

I also had Swirly, I uninstalled it. Before I did, I notice I had received an MMS, not sure if it was from the Tech, but it went to Swirly instead of my Native app. I tried to retrieve it but ofcourse it crashed and rebooted my iPhone.

after i did the setup, i turned off the phone, turned it on again (not an actual reboot cuz that didnt work for some reason) and then it worked. i dunno what the hell happened but it works. try that.

Thanks

These are the settings the T-Mobile rep gave me:

Make sure "Data Roaming" - ON
    Cellular Data:
    APN - wap.voicestream.com
    Username -
    Password -

MMS:
    APN - wap.voicestream.com
    Username -
    Password -
    MMSC - http://216.155.104.84/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy - 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS Max Message Size -
    MMS UA Prof URL -

Note: So far, am still not able to send MMS. It seems to hang at the 97% then fails. I'm using a 2G iPhone unlocked with T-Mobile USA (NC). I had the new Swirly, but deleted it. I did receive a MMS from someone when I was disconnected with the T-Mobile Tech, not sure if he sent me a MMS or was from someone else, that was when I still had Swirly installed, it went to swirly rather than the native app.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think if you installed SwirlyMMS before this it won't work for you unless you COMPLETELY uninstall SwirlyMMS. You have to go into the folders and actually delete the files, it'd probably be better if you restored.

Thanks

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but for those who don't have the fields in which to input the wap.tmobile.com or whatever... Try installing APN Editing from cydia, I've had to do it in the past and it worked... Not for MMS but for getting the Cellular Data Network input field... I'm downloading the MMS thing now, see if it works.

Later
    Never underestimate the determination of a kid who is time rich and cash poor. (Little Brother by Cory Doctorow)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Iman07 View Post
    after i did the setup, i turned off the phone, turned it on again (not an actual reboot cuz that didnt work for some reason) and then it worked. i dunno what the hell happened but it works. try that.
    Thanks, but it doesn't seem to work either.
    I tried rebooting, then I tried just shutting off and starting back up. Same problem.

Which iPhone do you have?
    Have you had SwirlyMMS on your iPhone?

Just trying to see if we can narrow down the cause of the problem

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

the problem is easy, the only reason y we can't send and receive MMS is because it doesn't save the MMS APN (wap.voicestream.com) in "Cellular Data Network"
    if somebody could fix that it would work

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xxbenbenxx View Post
    I think if you installed SwirlyMMS before this it won't work for you unless you COMPLETELY uninstall SwirlyMMS. You have to go into the folders and actually delete the files, it'd probably be better if you restored.
    Dang, I'm a lil hesitant to do that. I may end up doing that just to make sure. If I do, I'll keep you guys posted with the results. Wanna see if someone come up with an alternative first.

Someone else said that if you had Swirly, to FULLY delete everything. I'm new to SSH and have never done that before. Anyone have any advice on how to do that? I don't wanna screw my phone up. I guess if I do, then I might as well do the restore then haha.

@izbitu My APN settings match both Cellular Data and MMS. I don't think that's the problem I'm along with a few others are having. For your APN to stick, they have to MATCH. Atfirst I thought I had that problem, it took a couple of tries cuz I did a typo. Just retry and make sure you type in the APN for Cellular Data FIRST, then do the MMS and back out and go back in to see if they stay.
    Last edited by DayumQuitPlayin; 06-28-2009 at 01:33 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by izbitu View Post
    the problem is easy, the only reason y we can't send and receive MMS is because it doesn't save the MMS APN (wap.voicestream.com) in "Cellular Data Network"
    if somebody could fix that it would work
    Quote Originally Posted by sirganon View Post
    HEY!!! i figured out how to get it so save the MMS APN, well kind of. at the very bottom of the Cellular Data section there is a "Reset Settings" button. i pressed this and it automatically put the APN in the Cellular Data, Video Voicemail (???), and MMS spots. all i then had to do was add the MMSC and the Proxy and it all stayed.

its still not sending though. i had all 5 bars and it just hangs at about 85-90% sent for about a min and then fails. somehow i did receive two of the pics i tried sending myself earlier and they are really crappy quality. kind of not even worth it

EDIT** i believe the reason the received pics are so crappy looking is that when you tap it to look at it full screen all it does is stretch the small thumbnail you see in the text, it doesnt actually open up the whole pic like it should. ill try having someone with a different phone send me a pic and see if its better.
    this worked for me, saving the APN i mean. sending isnt working for some reason though. also, a friend just tried to send me a pic and i never received it. this is frustrating
    Last edited by sirganon; 06-28-2009 at 01:38 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Anyone know the MMS settings for someone on the sidekick plan?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@izbitu My APN settings match both Cellular Data and MMS. I don't think that's the problem I'm along with a few others are having. For your APN to stick, they have to MATCH. Atfirst I thought I had that problem, it took a couple of tries cuz I did a typo. Just retry and make sure you type in the APN for Cellular Data FIRST, then do the MMS and back out and go back in to see if they stay.
    I have epc.tmobile.com for my APN so now instead of wap.voicestream.com i put epc.tmobile.com and it sent the mms waiting to receive it now...hmm

update* Got it to work. I changed my APN to wap.voicestream.com and did the same for the MMS APN and now works
    Last edited by izbitu; 06-28-2009 at 02:28 PM.

Thanks

@DayumQuitPlayin
    i have a 2g iphone unlock with T-mobile. i am able to send like i stated. i did have swirly, then i installed the hack without uninstalling swirly. that didnt work. i uninstalled both then reinstalled the hack rebooting after every procedure. entered the setting and rebooted. i can send but I CAN NOT RECEIVE. my cuz has been trying to send me messages but it wont come through. the phone will vibrate as if i got a new message but when i open up the app theres no message to be found. this is a new problem i guess.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default bricked
    Hmm, I thought the file size and expanded size of this install was very fishy. 332 or whatever KB then expanded size of 650ish MB... Well once installed Cydia asked to reboot now my phone is 100% bricked. Stuck at apple load screen and the loading dial shows but for a second then freezes.

16gb 3g

At least I can restore my phone. Still crossing my fingers. I would suggest no one installed this RU based patch from Cydia.
    Last edited by cyris69; 06-28-2009 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cyris69 View Post
    Hmm, I thought the file size and expanded size of this install was very fishy. 332 or whatever KB then expanded size of 650ish MB... Well once installed Cydia asked to reboot now my phone is 100% bricked. Stuck at apple load screen and the loading dial shows but for a second then freezes.

16gb 3g

At least I can restore my phone. Still crossing my fingers. I would suggest no one installed this RU based patch from Cydia.
    well this install is supposed to be for the 2g, not the 3g. the title "ActivateMMS2g" tells you that

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

mms working!! used the wap apn settings. pics sent and received! sent some pictures i took with snapture and they are crystal clear! pics actually enlarge instead of stretching. only problem is they don't show up in the camera roll so i have to kind of guess where they are. i just see a black bar.

i still have swirly installed as well. both apps recognize mms. using different settings with both though. going to try epc apn and see if that works.

i too would like to know how to fully delete swirly and all related preferences. the new version has too many problems! plus now there is no need. $6 wasted on that. oh well.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by geminidad View Post
    Anyone know the MMS settings for someone on the sidekick plan?
    The internet plan doesn't matter. the MMS setting is based on your network provider.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ksiphone View Post
    mms working!! used the wap apn settings. pics sent and received! sent some pictures i took with snapture and they are crystal clear! pics actually enlarge instead of stretching. only problem is they don't show up in the camera roll so i have to kind of guess where they are. i just see a black bar.

i still have swirly installed as well. both apps recognize mms. using different settings with both though. going to try epc apn and see if that works.

i too would like to know how to fully delete swirly and all related preferences. the new version has too many problems! plus now there is no need. $6 wasted on that. oh well.
    Who's your provider?
    What were your steps?
    Did you receive a MMS in both Swirly and Native app?
    In order for Swirly to work, it must mean you're on OS 2.2.1 or lower?

Thanks

Who's your provider?
    In order for Swirly to work, it must mean you're on OS 2.2.1 or lower?
    not necessarily, Swirly 2 works on 3.0 and if u have the cracked version of Swirly there is a way to use the old swirly on 3.0 without upgrading. since he said he paid $6 that means he upgraded. hes on swirly 2 on 3.0 firmware.