Results 1 to 13 of 13

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: SBsettings 3.0 and numeric battery

  1. #1
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    right in the middle of the US
    Posts
    140
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    Default SBsettings 3.0 and numeric battery
    is there any way to disable the battery icon when the numeric battery is enabled? status bar icons in programs such as irealsms and swirlyMMS don't recognize this tweak and hide behind the numeric indicator.

    the old sbsettings swapped the icon with the numbers. this was by far a cleaner presentation. having both seems a little redundant.

  2. #2
    No not at this time.

  3. #3
    yea how do we get the numeric battery to look like it did before? it was perfect.. you could switch from the battery icon to the percentage with a single touch.. now it's displaying both in the status bar.. which doesn't make sense to me.. why would I need to see both at the same time.. plus it looks a lot more crowded..

    please change it back to the way it was before..

  4. #4
    I agree with everyone here. I just updated SBSettings and thought I was overlooking how to disable it. It was perfect before! All u need is one or the other WHO would want both. Did BigBoss overlook this? Hope so and there is an update and its not because he thinks its a good look cause it looks horrible and is useless to have both.

  5. #5
    I actually kind of like having both but have gone in and looked everywhere in OpenSSH and can't figure out how to change the battery meter font to look like the clock. Thanks.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by jws43yale View Post
    I actually kind of like having both but have gone in and looked everywhere in OpenSSH and can't figure out how to change the battery meter font to look like the clock. Thanks.

    The percent numbers are actually PNG images. You can find them in /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app

    The filenames are:
    Default_Percent_#.png
    Default_PercentLow_#.png
    FSO_Percent_#.png
    FSO_PercentLow_#.png
    (where # obviously ranges from 0-9 AND the % sign after the number)

    So if you REALLY want to change the font, you're going to have to remake all those images. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe there's a total of 44 images lol.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to xrdxkunx For This Useful Post:

    jws43yale (07-13-2009)

  8. #7
    Super Duper Moderator blkcadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    31,215
    Thanks
    3,931
    Thanked 10,213 Times in 6,215 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by xrdxkunx View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe there's a total of 44 images lol.
    Nope, way to much math for me. I'll take your word for it.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by xrdxkunx View Post
    The percent numbers are actually PNG images. You can find them in /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app

    The filenames are:
    Default_Percent_#.png
    Default_PercentLow_#.png
    FSO_Percent_#.png
    FSO_PercentLow_#.png
    (where # obviously ranges from 0-9 AND the % sign after the number)

    So if you REALLY want to change the font, you're going to have to remake all those images. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe there's a total of 44 images lol.

    Thanks for the help, much appreciated, but I don't think it bothers me enough to go to that trouble.

  10. #9
    Green Apple HitNWakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Highland, MI.
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    It doesn't seem like it would be too hard to remove the battery icon from the status bar. Even tried removing the files but it defaults back to its originals. I hope someone can figure this out. Its getting pretty full up there.

  11. #10
    I tried getting rid of it by changing all the battery icon images to blank PNGs that are 1-pixel in width. It worked, but unfortunately the empty space where the battery icon should be is still there. And the whole point of trying to get rid of the icon is to save status bar space lol.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to xrdxkunx For This Useful Post:

    RDL (07-18-2009)

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by xrdxkunx View Post
    I tried getting rid of it by changing all the battery icon images to blank PNGs that are 1-pixel in width. It worked, but unfortunately the empty space where the battery icon should be is still there. And the whole point of trying to get rid of the icon is to save status bar space lol.
    Great thanks for trying and letting us know how that worked. I haven't installed status notifier yet but heard the percentage and battery icon interferes with the icons for status notifier.

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by RDL View Post
    I haven't installed status notifier yet but heard the percentage and battery icon interferes with the icons for status notifier.
    I noticed there are two Notifier apps in Cydia. Status Notifier and just Notifier. I'm currently using Notifier (which is an app labeled Reminder once its on your Springboard) and I tested the status bar icons with the battery percentage. I used my brothers cellphone to get as many icons as I possibly can to see if it overlapped anything on the status bar like the clock or the battery. The icons I activated are:

    Missed Call
    Voicemail
    New Mail
    New SMS
    Alarm Clock
    iPod Play

    And you can check the screenshots I attached, from what I noticed Notifier works GREAT with Numeric Battery. The app knows exactly how many icons can fit between clock and battery and hides the rest, showing 3 of 6 icons. With Hide Clock active on my lockscreen it fits one more for a total of 4.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0014.png   -img_0013.png  

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to xrdxkunx For This Useful Post:

    RDL (07-19-2009)

  16. #13
    @xrdxkunz,

    THANKS for the info and screenshots!! I used Status Notifier in the past because it worked with Homescreen 2.0 which is like Intellscreen but not. I like having notifications and weather on my Lockscreen but hate Intellscreen so Homescreen 2.0 worked great for me but need to try it on 3.0...

    but its good to know Notifier (Reminder) doesn't overlap the percentage on the status bar. Maybe theres a slight chance it will work with Homescreen. Need to try and see.

    Still would prefer just the percentage and the battery icon gone but again good to know its possible to work with the current options we have

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •