Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SwirlyMMS not working, wont turn green and small picture SOLUTION!!!

Default SwirlyMMS not working, wont turn green and small picture SOLUTION!!!
    It would be nice if this was sticky'd.

I figured I'd help those with their SwirlyMMS not working problem...

I spent about 3 days searching and I couldnt find a reason to why my M stopped turning green...
    It worked fine right after I restored my phone and installed swirlymms first thing, but then after installing other apps and adjusting my iphone settings it stopped...

My iphone is on firmware 2.2.1 and on Tmobile. I have SwirlyMMS 1.3.2 and here is why its not working...

The big problem is...
    You need to have your APN blank in
    Settings/General/Network/Cellular Data Network

In SwirlyMMS it will automatically detect your APN when you use the Settings Wizard... Then you can leave the MMSC and Proxy as it should be and use your preferred APN as I have (epc.tmobile.com for tzones). Everything works fine as if I still had my APN in my iPhones settings...

For the small pictures problem, just use the Nokia N95 as useragent and set your picture size to whatever you want, I use maximum...

Enjoy,
    PS, search for SwirlyMMS on youtube for a nice treat if you dont have it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to badinstincts For This Useful Post:

captainmccool (06-25-2009)

Hey, I can confirm this as a working fix. I had epc.tmobile.com in my APN setting in General and couldn't get Swirly to go green after updating to 3.0. After doing this I now have the green icon and my edge on t-zones still works fine without epc.tmobile.com entered in the APN of my General settings. Thanks a million OP.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

What do you mean by small pictures problem? I have a friend that uses swirly on 2.2.1 and he wants to upgrade to 3.0, but he is worried his swirly will not work. It is the version before swirly2.