+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help installing Stack v2.2 on 3.0

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
One of my favorite JB apps has been Stack, but the version for 3.0 isn't on Cydia anymore. There are steps on the website for installing it, but I'm a
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Help installing Stack v2.2 on 3.0
    One of my favorite JB apps has been Stack, but the version for 3.0 isn't on Cydia anymore. There are steps on the website for installing it, but I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to command line stuff.

Steps like "Simply install using 'dpkg -i stack2_2.deb'. Requires MobileSubstrate." are mostly Greek to me.

Would someone be willing to walk me through the installation without assuming any knowledge? For instance, where and how do I run 'dpkg -i stack2_2.deb'?

I do have OpenSSH on my phone and WinSCP on my PC, if that helps.

Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I too would appreciate any help anyone can provide. Thanks.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I found these instructions after I posted my request. Hope that helps...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Really appreciate it. I've been looking for something like that for awhile. Thanks.

fef
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I can't run MobileTerminal, he crashs after few seconds. Help Me !

Thx.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DirtyDan's Avatar
    Thanks

I got it to work but the preferences don't install properly (following the link OP provided).

This makes it pretty much useless and kinda buggy, I'll wait for them to add it to Cydia.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
    I got it to work but the preferences don't install properly (following the link OP provided).

This makes it pretty much useless and kinda buggy, I'll wait for them to add it to Cydia.
    Yeah, I had the same problem until I figured out that the dash before the parameter was actually two dashes:

/Library/MobileStack/InstallHelper --installPrefBundle

Beware though, if you uninstall Stack through Cydia it leaves the preferences entry in Settings.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to okc_smoker For This Useful Post:

7lowe (07-10-2009)

iTJ
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by okc_smoker View Post
    Yeah, I had the same problem until I figured out that the dash before the parameter was actually two dashes:

/Library/MobileStack/InstallHelper --installPrefBundle

Beware though, if you uninstall Stack through Cydia it leaves the preferences entry in Settings.
    If you want to uninstall Stack, I would recommend removing the preferences bundle first. You'll do it the same way as installing:
    Code:
    /Library/MobileStack/InstallHelper --removePrefBundle
    I'm currently testing an "alpha" version of Stack v3. When he's done, you won't have to worry about that. It's great so far. A few more changes and its perfect.
    New MacBook Pro - $1199.99
    New iPhone 3Gs - $199.99
    AT&T iPhone Plan - $89.99/month

Modding your new iPhone against Apple's wish with friends on MMi - Priceless

Green Apple
    Thanks

Does v3 fix the problem with the icon staying while apps open?

Also, I had to uninstall 2.2 as it kept putting Winterboard into safe mode. Just in case anybody else has problems and stumbles onto this thread trying to uninstall it you have to do the /Library/MobileStack/InstallHelper removePrefBundle BEFORE you uninstall through Cydia. I had to reinstall it, run that command, and then reuninstall it.

Last edited by 7lowe; 07-10-2009 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iTJ
    Thanks

v3 does fix the problem with it being on the screen while an app is being launched. v3 is so much better than v2.2.

Green Apple
    Thanks

is V3 out yet?
    32GB Black 3G[S]
    Blackra1n'd RC3

Green Apple
    Thanks

I've tried to do this, but the preferences bundle never installs. I've tried multiple times. It's very aggervating

EDIT: I've ssh'd into my phone and went to where the preference bundles are and it's there, but it's not showing up in settings
    EDIT 2: I uninstalled everything, then reinstalled it seems to have shown up now. I will respring to see if I get a stack now...
    EDIT 3: It doesn't seem to work with Supreme Preferences 3.0 =/
    Last edited by Zym5; 07-13-2009 at 12:29 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

FWIW, I have tried v3 (alpha 6c) on my 3GS and it made my iphone go to safe mode on every reboot/respring.

I wonder if there is a conflict with other apps....I use a lot of the RYP apps like Intelliscreen, Elert, Tlert, etc.

Any ideas?

EDIT: ok, I found a possible conflict with RockYourPhone (and related apps) "extensions" (which equate to mobile substrate extensions). I was getting a RYP conflict error indicating a possible conflict with Stacks (nice that it actaully points out the specific dylib conflict). However, since enabling/disabling extensions in the RYP GUI, it seems to have resolved itself. No more safe mode, no more errors....
    Last edited by kwickone; 07-13-2009 at 01:44 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's gonna be buggy on 3.0 don't bother.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

please help me i installe stack 2.2. on my ipod touch 2g 3.0 and the springboard just keep crashin how can i get it to saftey mode ps i already delted the whole folder in library/mobilestack hope i didtnt **** up anything please help

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by D3lit3 View Post
    It's gonna be buggy on 3.0 don't bother.
    I've been using it since 3.0 came out on my 3GS...

No problems at all right now.

Quote Originally Posted by kwickone View Post
    FWIW, I have tried v3 (alpha 6c) on my 3GS and it made my iphone go to safe mode on every reboot/respring.

I wonder if there is a conflict with other apps....I use a lot of the RYP apps like Intelliscreen, Elert, Tlert, etc.

Any ideas?

EDIT: ok, I found a possible conflict with RockYourPhone (and related apps) "extensions" (which equate to mobile substrate extensions). I was getting a RYP conflict error indicating a possible conflict with Stacks (nice that it actaully points out the specific dylib conflict). However, since enabling/disabling extensions in the RYP GUI, it seems to have resolved itself. No more safe mode, no more errors....
    I dont think its the rock extenstions, at least not all of them. I have intelliscreen and myprofiles installed through the RYP app and its rock solid stable. No problems at all using the alpha. Hope this helps you narrow it down.
    32GB Black 3G[S]
    Blackra1n'd RC3