Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: List of Working Cydia 3.0 Apps

Quote Originally Posted by El Pared View Post
    what about the dock? I used a theme from 2.2 that mods the dock and it doesnt work in 3.0, anyone know the reason for that?
    I never tried changing the dock on 2.x. We could find out if it is a similar problem to the keyboards or if the png names have just changed. This can be done if we SSH into the phone and replace the dock pngs. I could try doing it later after work, but I'm kind of busy atm.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NeoNightmareX For This Useful Post:

El Pared (07-08-2009)

can someone school me on how to get ifile to work? Ive installed the download plugin, bossprefs toggle and ifile, go to safari and try to download a document from my email and all it does is open it. I go into ifile and to the downloads directory and its not there.

I really need to be able to edit attachments like .xls and .doc on my iphone and cant find anything that doesnt use mobileme or googledocs.

so as of right now ifile doesnt work for me...

Quote Originally Posted by NeoNightmareX View Post
    I never tried changing the dock on 2.x. We could find out if it is a similar problem to the keyboards or if the png names have just changed. This can be done if we SSH into the phone and replace the dock pngs. I could try doing it later after work, but I'm kind of busy atm.
    I would have done that myself but I don't know where to look. I keep hoping someone will develop a way to search the filesystem for stuff. I tried Searcher once but apparently it only searches stuff I could find on my own

anyways... Thx I'd appreciate it if you could look into that for me. the stock dock is ugly

Quote Originally Posted by El Pared View Post
    I would have done that myself but I don't know where to look. I keep hoping someone will develop a way to search the filesystem for stuff. I tried Searcher once but apparently it only searches stuff I could find on my own

anyways... Thx I'd appreciate it if you could look into that for me. the stock dock is ugly
    I found 2 different ones. They are located in:
    Code:
    /System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app/
    The two files are called SBDockBG.png and SBDockBG2.png

They look slightly different but if you replace both of them with the same image it should be bound to change. I replaced SBDockBG.png and it changed it.

In summary: Yes you can edit the dock.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NeoNightmareX For This Useful Post:

El Pared (07-08-2009)

Default Tricker ThreeG Problem
    I have a redsn0w jailbroken 3g on 3.0 with cydia, winterboard, and a variety of apps. I had Tricker installed and it seemed to be working fine until today when an update was posted. I tried to install the update and it confirmed, I resprung and yet the update was still appearing in Cydia. I tried installing several different times, doing a hard reset, nothing made the update notification go away.

Finally I unistalled Tricker planning to reinstall hoping it would solve the problem, but now I am getting the message "The requested modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies.....". It tells me below "Depends iPhone Firmware < 3.0." Is this telling me that the app is designed for less than 3.0 or does it not think I have 3.0. I have installed several other packages today without any problems so can't figure out what the deal is. Any help would be appreciated.

I did the same thing as you did with the same results. I uninstalled my working version, and now am left with no version.

Hope it gets fixed soon.

Looks like the app has now been pulled from Cydia completely so hopefully means a fix is coming.

this is why I don't just wontonly uninstall things just to get an update. that's what screwed me in the frst place and forced me to update to 3.0 (yes, I did not update willingly)

you can create the same error message (the "requires firmware <3.0" one) by tapping on the app (in this case TrickerThreeG) and tapping Modify>Update. If the update is incompatible it will give you the error message then and you can keep your old version.

@NeoNightmareX: thx for the help. I'll add those to the theme now. I'll have to rememver that CoreServices folder for future reference. an iFile bookmark will do for now tho :P
    Last edited by El Pared; 07-09-2009 at 02:33 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NeoNightmareX View Post
    I figured that there wasn't a list of working Cydia Apps for firmware 3.0. I made the current list from Googling but I figure people can post which ones they have tested and we can add it to the list. Original List from: Cydia for iPhone OS 3.0 is out (with special QuickPwn)! | iPhone Help !

• Spring Jumps

Does Springjumps really work? I don't have any success with it. When I touch the page dot, nothing happens. The page selector icons do not pop up.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to eaglesteve For This Useful Post:

Nicolets (01-11-2011)

Thanks so much. I wasn't familiar with iFile. Nice to be able to view the file structure on my phone again without having to SCP into it from another machine. My only quibble is that iFile is kinda big...plus, are they gonna nag me to donate every time I open iFile??
    Last edited by Amadomon; 07-16-2009 at 09:11 AM.

Thanks

I'm not sure if many people use it but Quicklock is working on 3.0.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to soulthoughts For This Useful Post:

NeoNightmareX (07-16-2009)

is this still being updated? Whats not working on 3.0? someone should update the list to whats working today..?
    I see winterboard works but not keyboard customize. how about sbsettings,tricker,mobileinstallation,etc....

Yes this is still being updated just make a list of the names of apps that work and I'll add them if they are new.

ok thanks... i was just asking because i have not updated yet and was looking to see if i should. by the looks of some postes that i should upgrade yet.. not everything is up and running well yet on 3.0....?

What about mobile substrate? and those type of tweaks? do they work?

- Winterboard and SBS
    - Backgrounder
    - Boss Prefs
    - 5 icon dock
    - Cycorder
    - qik
    - video recorder 3.0
    - snapture
    - HP Calculator
    - Cyntact
    - QuickGold

Are any of these apps working on 3.0 now? Can anyone confirm?

Bump for some help to my questions???
    Last edited by coachballfirm; 07-25-2009 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Coach,

If you weren't too lazy to search this thread you would see a majority of the programs you are asking about have already been answered, but I be nice anyway.

Mobile substrate works
    Winterboard and SBS works
    Backgrounder works
    5 icon works
    I don't use Cycorder but pretty sure it works
    No idea what qik is
    No idea on video recorder
    Don't use it but pretty sure Snapture works
    No idea on calculator
    No idea on cyntact
    I think people were trying to get quickgold working, but don't know if it is yet.

Quote Originally Posted by coachballfirm View Post
    ok thanks... i was just asking because i have not updated yet and was looking to see if i should. by the looks of some postes that i should upgrade yet.. not everything is up and running well yet on 3.0....?

What about mobile substrate? and those type of tweaks? do they work?

- Winterboard and SBS
    - Backgrounder
    - Boss Prefs
    - 5 icon dock
    - Cycorder
    - qik
    - video recorder 3.0
    - snapture
    - HP Calculator
    - Cyntact
    - QuickGold

Are any of these apps working on 3.0 now? Can anyone confirm?

Bump for some help to my questions???
    Short story is: yes all of those work.

Long story:
    -Quick Gold has been replaced by Spotlight which comes with iPhone 3.0 and doesn't search for hidden Apps. You can download a tweak called SpotBright that allows it to do that, though it's a still pretty buggy. QuickFile will not be porter in the near future though so don't hold out for it.
    -Qik may or may not work but as far as I know it has not been updated. There's probably a similar video streaming app out there you can use instead though.
    -all the old video apps like Cycorder should work
    -Snapture and clear cam work
    -Mobile Substrate and most of it's old extensions still work, like SBSettings and 5 Icin Dock. In fact SBSettings works better on 3.0 because you can have more than 12 toggles at once.
    -Cyntact works
    -Backgrounder works but only basic backgrounding is enabled for now. Later the little task switcher that was in beta during 3.0s release will come back I'm sure. Also I don't think you can set apps to BG on close anymore either.
    -Winterboard works fine except the keyboard can't be themed for some reason.

The other stuff I don't know about tho. You could always quit being lazy and check out the list on the first page, or do a forum search though.

Edit: some more stuff for the list:
    -Emoji works, except the globe key and the delete key are replaced by gray squares in portrait mode. They still work normally just no image is there for those keys.
    -Torrentula seems to not work, which I guess is irrelevant because dTunes does work.
    -MobileTerminal works except it seems to randomly orient itself on startup, though always in the correct mode(for example, about half the time I start it in portrait mode it displays upside down and cannot be flipped back over. Kind of annoying, but not hindering.)
    Last edited by El Pared; 08-01-2009 at 04:59 AM.

Weather icon not works on me.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456