Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: URL on Application screen?

Default URL on Application screen?
    Has anyone come up with an application or other way to place a URL shortcut on the main screen/app launcher page?

I'd like to add an icon to take me to a particular website.

I tried placing the link in the Applications folder on the iPhone, but it doesn't show up on the home screen on the iPhone.

Try this out, it'll create a package you can upload to your phone.

http://www.jonsthoughtsoneverything.com/iphone_apper/

Search the forums if you have issues, they will likely be due to permissions and such.

Thanks ! Cool website. Unfortunately, after installing the application (via iFuntastic) it's not showing up on the launcher. Off to trouble shoot (i.e. forum search...)

Okay after hours of research and futzing, I'm still getting blank screens when I try launching my URL app via Springboard.

Thinking it might be an error on my part, I've installed a number of other "URL Launchers" (from the downloads section of this site).

They all show up on my Springboard, but all merely give a black screen when launched.

So, assuming these apps work for some people, is there something else that needs to be done to get them to function?

(FYI I'm using iFuntastic to install the apps to the Applications folder on my iPhone).

Thanks, all, for your help. I've seen lots of varied posts on this same problem, but haven't come across a clear (i.e. understandable) solution to this issue...
    Last edited by Argelius; 09-22-2007 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have been having the same black screen problem when trying to use that

Once you upload the files to your iPhone, you need the chmod them to executable.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jasondaemon For This Useful Post:

Argelius (09-27-2007)