Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Downgrade Call Clear 2.4

Default How to Downgrade Call Clear 2.4
    I wanted to know how to downgrade my call clear? I found the file "callclear_2.3.deb" but Im not quite sure how to install it. I know I have to SSH into it but what from there? Do I just remove the old file and replace it with the new file? I have an 2G 8GB iPhone on 2.1 Should I use "cyberduck" to ssh into it or what would be better? I have a mac computer.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Would it be possible to email me that file?! I know why you want to downgrade too

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 23nesnes For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (06-09-2009)

Thanks

Anyone that know's the syntax code to install a .deb file... please

I FOUND A SIMILAR THING - WOULD THIS HELP ANYBODY HELP ME DOWNGRADE CALL CLEAR 2.4?

pdaNet – how to downgrade pdaNet to v.1.33 – no trial Majecek’s Weblog

I had the same trouble so I have decided to do some research and came across this post.

During my research I also came across another post in another forum but I am not sure if I am allow to post a direct link of that forum, which have the answer to this. Instead, I am going to copy and paste the information here.

Quote Originally Posted by deadfire55
    Take the .deb file and place it into private/var/mobile

Now in Terminal type

Code:

su root

Tap the return key.

Now type

Code:

dpkg -i (Filename.deb)

Don't include the ( )
    Tap enter and it should install!
    However, su root wasn't working for me so I just typed in dpkg -i callclear_2.3.deb and it worked out.

Hope this help and deadfire 55, if you don't want me to post that information please let me know.

Is it possible to email me the link? Do I do this on my mac?

I TRIED IT BUT ITS NOT WORKING. PUTTING THE CODE "su root" DOESNT WORK FOR ME. ALSO JUST PUTTING "dpkg -i callclear_2.3.deb" DOESNT WORK. SHOULD I BE USING THE TERMINAL ON MY MAC OR ON MY IPHONE. I TRIED BOTH BUT NOTHING HAPPENS

Quote Originally Posted by 23nesnes View Post
    I TRIED IT BUT ITS NOT WORKING. PUTTING THE CODE "su root" DOESNT WORK FOR ME. ALSO JUST PUTTING "dpkg -i callclear_2.3.deb" DOESNT WORK. SHOULD I BE USING THE TERMINAL ON MY MAC OR ON MY IPHONE. I TRIED BOTH BUT NOTHING HAPPENS
    Don't type "su root", type "su" (without quotes of course). You will then be prompted for the root password. The default is "alpine". Also, you have to make sure you are in the directory that contains the deb file before using the dpkg command. You can change directories with "CD". To get a list of files/directories in the current directory use "ls" or "dir". Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by 23nesnes View Post

It is the terminal in Winscp so Windows for me. I believe winscp is not working on mac. Perhaps what you can do is borrow your friend's computer?

Here is a link to download winscp. WinSCP :: Download

This is how winscp looks like.

This is where you open terminal in winscp and where you would execute the commands; follow OctopusPrime's instructions

Last edited by DunkeyKong; 07-04-2009 at 10:43 AM.

ran into another problem yesterday while downgrading callclear from the 2.5 version.

After using winscp and dpkg it I cant find callclear on springboard but cydia indicated i have an upgrade to 2.5 meaning callclear should be installed.

Anyone can shed some light. thank you in advance

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

if you have the deb file wouldnt it have just been easier to drop it into the /cydia/autoinstall/ folder and then just reboot and respring?

Ok, just tested it... uninstalled callclear from cydia

then SSH'd into my phone
    placed the DEB file in /var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall/
    reboot and respring!!

deleted a few calls and everything works great
    Last edited by theguy386; 07-18-2009 at 08:58 PM.

Thanks

That's always an option too...

Default Thanks for the Info...The Downgrade worked.
    I recently installed V2.5 on my IPhone 3Gs and it asked for $. After reading the threads and how this guy F'd everyone from the previous version I decided to join the cause and not pay either.

I followed the instructions on this post and found that it worked, and I now have callClear V2.3 on my iPhone 3GS 3.0.1 working.

What I did:
    - Uninstalled callClear V2.5 using Cydia.
    - Removed callClear Directory from iPhone using SSH (/private/var/mobile/Library) just to be sure.
    - Downloaded callclear_2.3.deb and installed into /private/var/mobile directory.
    - using a seperate terminal session, while in the same directory, I entered the command: 'dpkg -i callclear_2.3.deb'
    - rebooted iPhone and found that callClear V2.3 was installed and working properly.

Thanks To All.