+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Youtube HD on 3G

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Is there a way to watch HD videos on YouTube using your 3g connection? I know HD works if you are on wifi.
    iPhone? More like MyPhone sandstorm77's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Youtube HD on 3G
    Is there a way to watch HD videos on YouTube using your 3g connection? I know HD works if you are on wifi.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

voipover3g from cydia

Thanks

I don't understand your post, are you saying you can't get stuff to work over 3G or u just don't get wifi quality over 3G. Because these tweaks don't enable wifi quality over 3g it's just intended to stream wifi apps over 3G. Some work , some
    don't. It's iffy

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nice, my post gets deleted b/c a mod replies with INCORRECT INFORMATION.

FYI, I posted about this a while ago.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/native-...tube-help.html

It's pretty sad that instead of leaving my post alone for others to find while searching, my post gets deleted then someone else swoops right in and posts the same thing I just did.

To the OP, despite multiple claims from individuals such as StealthBravo that HQ YouTube videos are enabled over 3G using Tricker3G and VOIPover3G, it does NOT WORK. Tricker3G has been updated with "support" for the MLB app, YouTube and others but the fact is they simply don't work and won't provide what you are looking for.

Now hopefully this post doesn't get "conveniently" deleted as my previous post (with this same information) did.

Green Apple
    Thanks

you dont need youtube hd on the iphone unless your video out?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pared View Post
    Nice, my post gets deleted b/c a mod replies with INCORRECT INFORMATION.

FYI, I posted about this a while ago.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/native-...tube-help.html

It's pretty sad that instead of leaving my post alone for others to find while searching, my post gets deleted then someone else swoops right in and posts the same thing I just did.

To the OP, despite multiple claims from individuals such as StealthBravo that HQ YouTube videos are enabled over 3G using Tricker3G and VOIPover3G, it does NOT WORK. Tricker3G has been updated with "support" for the MLB app, YouTube and others but the fact is they simply don't work and won't provide what you are looking for.

Now hopefully this post doesn't get "conveniently" deleted as my previous post (with this same information) did.
    Just because you don't know how to do it or figure it out doesn't mean its not possible. It just means you are incapable of making it work. So I will chalk it up to your ignorance. I deleted your post because you sir were giving bad information and claiming that I didn't know what I was talking about. This time I won't delete your post so others can read it and laugh.

Enjoy this because I would never tell you how to get it working on your phone

Without the tricker:

With the tricker

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Jailbroken, which can be easily faked.

So of course, in the previous post you deleted, there was a challenge to provide a working .plist... no comment there apparently.

I was one of the first to provide the information that this was possible for SlingPlayer. So spare the "I know how to do this and you don't." You didn't even help the OP, since you'd need a modified plist to get this working using VOIPover3G, something the OP obviously knew nothing about.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you want to watch HD YouTube Videos or High Quality Videos when using 3G Internet,then you're in right place

iPhone will automatically change YouTube video quality according to your Internet connection,if you are in WiFi it will show high quality in case of 3G Internet it will show low quality for faster response and also for carrier charge

This feature is not good for fast Internet users

Here are the possible ways to watch HD YouTube videos in iPhone 3G Internet
    How to watch HD YouTube Videos in IPhone in 3G and WiFi ~ India Today Online

My iPhone is a Part of Me Halten77's Avatar
    Thanks

There 2 OFFICIAL Apps that allow to do this. One has a free trial. Both are paid. You can find them in Cydia Or Rock. 3G Unrestrictor Let's apps believe you're one WiFi so YouTube is in HD, If you have iOS4, this is not compatible with YouTube. My3G Is available in Rock And Cydia. My3G Does the same but WORKS ON IOS4! It's 2.99 Or 3.99... One Of Those... (It has a FREE TRIAL)

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Just because you don't know how to do it or figure it out doesn't mean its not possible. It just means you are incapable of making it work. So I will chalk it up to your ignorance. I deleted your post because you sir were giving bad information and claiming that I didn't know what I was talking about. This time I won't delete your post so others can read it and laugh.

Enjoy this because I would never tell you how to get it working on your phone

Without the tricker:

With the tricker

Hey StealthBravo, I've always used My3G in the past, and YouTube Quality was awesome, WiFi Quality, does Tricker3G make even better quality? If so PM and tell me how it works? Lol
    Last edited by Halten77; 07-14-2010 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost