+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Get Tricker ThreeG

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I had this problem, and I saw a few other people had it as well. Most people saw and downloaded Tricker ThreeG, but I couldn't find it anywhere. After figuring
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default Get Tricker ThreeG
    I had this problem, and I saw a few other people had it as well.

Most people saw and downloaded Tricker ThreeG, but I couldn't find it anywhere. After figuring out it was in Cydia via the MMi source, I reinstalled it. Didn't work. I tried deleting a few other things I didn't need just in case their was a conflict and still nothing. I finally deleted the MMi source altogether and reinstalled it and that seemed to do the trick.

So if any of you don't see Tricker ThreeG in Cydia, try that. It fixed my problem.

It's probably an obvious solution to some of you, but it wasn't to me. I thought reinstalling the source would fix the problem, but I actually had to delete the source and then install it again. Hopefully this'll help at least one other person.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Looks like Tricker ThreeG was removed from the cyida app. I read that there is an issue with it and the new iPhone 3G S. Some crashing problems.

I'm not sure why, because it worked fine on my iPhone 3G with 3.0. I had to do a reinstall of the OS for other reasons and needed to install it. It's gone pecon.....

It would be nice to post it back on cyida and remark that it will not work on 3G S.

Found a work around. I verified that it does work on a 3G 3.0 os.

How To Use SlingPlayer Over 3G

Thanks to this guy who posted.
    Last edited by stonewal2; 07-09-2009 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Tricker ThreeG and the other VoIP app need a mobilesubstrate update, which should be forthcoming. This has been posted in numerous other threads in these forums.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default total disappointment
    Yes.. I have noticed it.... When i run cydia it showed me lots of updated in which Tricker ThreeG was included. I though of updated all but Tricker failed to update. It says <3.0. I thought to remove Tricker and reinstall it. But after removing Tricker I could not reinstall it. Next day when logged back to Cydia to try reinstalling again, to my disappointment, it was removed from Cydia. I didn't expect this. VoIPover3G can replace the functions of Tricker but some applications like Nimbuzz are not working on voIPover3G.

Is there any place where we can see Tricker again.

Until we get the Tricker back i tried another quick solution and would like to share with you guys.

Install voIPover3G and go to /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibrarie using SSH or iFile and edit VoIPover3G.plist. You have to include the application identifier, for example, the identifier for Nimbuzz is "com.nimbuzz.Nimbuzz"....

Respring your phone and try Nimbuzz with 3G and it should work for making voice calls. If still it doesn't work, don't panic.. just start anyother application using 3G (i tried with Safari web browser) and close it... now start Nimbuzz and launch voice call... It will very much work...

Please post feed back here..
    Last edited by smohanv; 07-11-2009 at 04:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Just to clear things up, I made this thread several months ago when tricker was released and some people didn't see it in Cydia, not after the 3.0 update.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

And can you confirm, does VOIPover3G work on a jailbroken iPhone 3GS?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fofer View Post
    And can you confirm, does VOIPover3G work on a jailbroken iPhone 3GS?
    It crashes my appstore and slingplayer

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

wha is tricker ??

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WhiZZ View Post
    wha is tricker ??
    Tricker 3g is a modification to your phone allowing you to trick your phone to believing that it is using wifi when in fact it is using 3g. eg: skype,fring and slingplayer.