Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to download music to my phone.

Default How to download music to my phone.
    If I'm away from home and realize I forgot to add an album I want to hear to my playlist, what's the best way to download that from my home straight to the iphone? Is there a way?

I can access my computer at home with ssh and this is where my music is. I can login to my home server with mobileterminal just fine but I can't figure out how to use scp to to copy the file onto my phone.

Also, is there a graphical way to do this so I don't have to type in a command?

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

if you have purchased it from itunes just download it for, your iphone.
    of you have downloaded it by other means(legal or not) there is no real way to get it to your phone from your phone.. non that i have heard of anyway..
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

There's gotta be a way...

I have ssh installed on my phone and there should be a way to do this with scp or sftp, but I can't figure out the right command.

I know I likely won't be able to used the default player to play these, but I can use another media player to play it as long as it's in my file system.

Anyone know how to properly use the scp command to get some files?

oh, and these are not songs I got from iTunes, this is my music in mp3 format that I have ripped to my computer at home.