Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Screen Crashed Help!

Default Screen Crashed Help!
    FALSE ALARM!

Damm i such a n00b, just held down top and home button and reset

Can i not delete my own posts?
    Last edited by NinjaWiz; 09-19-2007 at 03:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone antiflash's Avatar
    Thanks

apparently not. and if someone resonds to it (), it will stay up near the top for everyone to see your n00bness

we were all n00bs at one point...
    Black 16GB 3G iPhone w/bestskinever
    Q6600, 3GB RAM, Vista Ultimate Desktop Box
    2 Hands, 10 Fingers, etc
    Temporary Eee PC Portable

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

happened to me as well, while i was listenning to music and the music kept on playing but the screen was all black

Ive gotten the black screens as well. My guess is that Summerboard is crashing since the black screen seems almost random - often coming back from locked mode...

yah me too after opening an app my screen will just go black ( i have summerboard installed)

Only remedy seems to be a power down (holding lock key for 4 seconds then sliding to power off). Click home key does nothing. Locking phone and subsequently unlocking will present the wallpaper with slider to unlock. Once unlocked it comes back to black screen. So it seems squarely a Summerboard crash. Think some logic needs to restart automatically if it does crash somehow - perhaps with a uninstall on X unsuccessful auto-restarts..

I am also having this problem. I sent an email to NullRiver to report the bug.