+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SwirlyMMS - WTF didn't I pay for lifetime upgrades?

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Ok so am I the only one who feels cheated by SwirlyMMS? The original version was free, but then they wanted to charge for it; no problem. The $8 was
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default SwirlyMMS - WTF didn't I pay for lifetime upgrades?
    Ok so am I the only one who feels cheated by SwirlyMMS?

The original version was free, but then they wanted to charge for it; no problem. The $8 was a fair price for a great piece of software that added the previously lacking MMS to our iPhones. Especially since they offered free lifetime upgrades.

But what's this? 2.0 has been released and yet those who paid for a "lifetime" upgrade are being asked to pay an additional $6? Did I miss something?

Thanks

Never worked for me anyways. Terrible product and apparently terrible company.

Thanks

why is everybody complaining, look at it as a donation for their hard work, bitchin about $6 come on!!!

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

It is a VERY good app. It works just fine. It's you carrier that's not letting you send and receive MMS. $8 the first time, now it's $6 to upgrade= $14 but if your buying in fir the first time it's only $12???? What's really going on???????

Thanks

Thia app honestly never worked for me.. Is it because I have a 2G iPhone?

Thanks

I bought my copy but I won't buy this one. I'll wait for it to but in that nice lil section in cydia
    X-Apps.

Thanks

It worked great on my 2G with t-mobile. The only problem I have is paying for it again now that I upgraded to 3G. Great app, but I'll wait for 3.0 MMS

Thanks

You purchased a product yes. And lifetime upgrades yes. They will probably continue to upgrade 1.0 to make it more efficient and such... but if they want to add additional features to the app and charge for them then its well within their right. I think the original SwirlyMMS 1.0 is well worth the $8.00.... is 2.0 worth $6 more? I dunno, but Im happy with what I have right now. And dont feel cheated that they want to make more money for their additional efforts that they are putting in this app.

Thanks

when i had my old 2g iphone i got swirly to work you just have to downgrade to 1.14 with a older itunes version, then use ziphone imie and baseband downgrade option then you could upgrade back to 2. whatever with a custom firmeware that wont change ur baseband and imie back to normal, and swirly worked great

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Ok, while I can agree that the app is worth $14, I totally disagree that people who already bought 1.0, and were told that they would have lifetime upgrades for free, should actually end up paying MORE than those who are buying it for the first frickin' time I mean WTF...really? Buy our app now, support our efforts now, then pay more than everyone who hasn't been with us from the beginning? Sorry, but that is just ***** backwards! Normally, a business rewards return customers,you know, to keep them coming back...not screw them. No more money from me, until they fix that BS. And no it isn't about paying $6 for the upgrade. I really don't mind paying for a BIG upgrade in features.

Thanks

I agree... I think they made a mistake. It shouldnt be cheaper for first time buyers. It should be cheaper if not the same price for the old customers upgrade.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

They're just trying to get all the money they can before 3.0 is publicly released. After that happens, the only people that will need their product are original iPhone owners. And how many of those will be left soon that have their device jailbroken? I'm gonna go with not too many.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

Theme Creator
    Thanks

You hit the nail on the head. I plan on upgrading to the new iPhone myself, but my wife will likely take over my 2g, so i'll leave it up to her to decide. I left a suggestion over at swirly space letting them know how I feel about their pricing, and that they won't get me back as a customer as long as they stick to that pricing. Let's see if they are listening to their long time customers.

iPhone? More like MyPhone BoneCrif's Avatar
    Thanks

I already bought SwirlyMMS v1.0 (or whatever the current version is), and I don't intend to buy the v2.0 because v1 has everything I need..
    besides, iPhone FW3.0 is going to come out soon and will be jailbroken and will have all of the functions that SwirlyMMS does, but all in the Messages APP.
    Don't upgrade to SwirlyMMS v2.0, stick with the old one and wait for the 3.0 Firmware
    8GB iPhone 2G
    3.1.2 - Unlocked and Jailbroken

AMD Athlon 5000 Dual-Core 2.2GHz with 4.00 GB RAM
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Thanks

I'm on a 2g and had Swirly since it was first released, fortunately its alwasy worked on my iphone and my carrier doesnt try to had to prevent it and can be easily circumvented. I also just paid for 2.0 and quite happy with the extra features which will give them the edge over iphone 3.0. The only problem I have is that the new icon is soooo lame, really amatureish come on Swirly please do something better
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

Thanks

I don't really understand this app... I bought it and it never worked, what am I doing wrong? Anyone..?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by €hR!$ View Post
    They're just trying to get all the money they can before 3.0 is publicly released. After that happens, the only people that will need their product are original iPhone owners. And how many of those will be left soon that have their device jailbroken? I'm gonna go with not too many.
    The messaging app in 3.0 is still way too limited for most advanced users, so im gonna go with a lot of people are gonna jailbreak 3.0.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

i'll be getting it even after the 3.0 release. 3.0 wont have mms for 2g users (unless someone figures it out). til then, swirly does a decent service, and you already forked out 2-300, in my case 430 when it was actually 399.99 lol. an extra 12dlrs wont kill me to have a feature i actually use ulike 80% of the apps out there people buy every day
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Thanks

It's not the money. It's the point. I already paid. I won't pay again. I'll just wait for it to show up Under ***** in cydia.

Edit Poseidon - you're in the gray area here referring to warez sites.
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 05-01-2009 at 10:31 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

you have that section too sparky? lol

in due time, i said i'll get it. as in i'll have it
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4