Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SwirlyMMS - WTF didn't I pay for lifetime upgrades?

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Here's a genius concept: You paid for a MMS program for $8. You got exactly what you paid for! They are now offering an upgrade that is not only a MMS program but also:

* Built in voice recorder for you to record any sound and MMS
    * Save incoming MMS as your ringtone
    * Customize MMS sound for sent mms, recieved mms, delivered mms, and error situations
    * Reply to rcvd mms with sms
    * Keep a check on when your friends have received your MMS.
    * Attach signature to ourgoing MMS, including location using GPS
    * You can open a received GPS location directly in Google Maps from SwirlyMMS2
    * Save MMS as Drafts in Drafts folder
    * 20 diff languages

This is a COMPLETELY overhauled application that they could have released as "Super Swirly" or something but instead give it to you for a small upgrade price. Y'all are ungrateful to say the least.

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

@ Poseidon79 I was not referring to ANY site. Just a section in cydia. Come on now.

And to revamp the app that's great. Now I bought the app $8 follow me now another $6 right for a grand total of $14 but if I never bought it it's only $12. So being a customer already of SwirlyMMS you thank me by charging more money??? I don't care it's only $2 more it's the point. So yes I will wait for it to show up in the section of cydia you edited.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Hence the term "gray area".

Thanks

Your The mod.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

i wish i knew the joke. gray who?
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

AFAIK, that section belongs to one warez site...
    But seriously guys, voice your opinion to the devs, Im sure they got the upgrade price wrong. No way they intentionally made the upgrade price more expensive than the new license price.

And they are adding a lot to the app. Its like buying another app that working together with the original. They could have left the app alone and you would have been happy... they try to add a lot of cool things to it and get paid for it and people are all pissed! Just because you bought one service/app from them, doesnt mean your entitled to every new idea they have for free.

I wish that were true, because then I would get a new mercedes everytime they decided to redesign the body style! My cars are starting to feel old now.
    Last edited by reznor9; 05-02-2009 at 12:00 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone drtybrd61's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Here's a genius concept: You paid for a MMS program for $8. You got exactly what you paid for! They are now offering an upgrade that is not only a MMS program but also:

* Customize MMS sound for sent mms, recieved mms, delivered mms, and error situations
    * 20 diff languages

This is a COMPLETELY overhauled application that they could have released as "Super Swirly" or something but instead give it to you for a small upgrade price. Y'all are ungrateful to say the least.

Sounds like an upgrade to me....which is supposedly free.
    Mafia Live Family Code: 143 035 642

iPhone? More like MyPhone babydol's Avatar
    Thanks

it doesnt work for me on at&t so it really doesnt matter to me. however, if they said they were going to have free updates for people who have bought it, they should at least try to keep their word.

Apple charged Touch users for software upgrade 2.0... who cares?

Upgrades to SwirlyMMS 1.0 will be free.

SwirlyMMS 2.0 is a different app. So its a different charge. If your not happy about it, dont buy it. Your version 1.0 Im sure still works fine!

They should have packaged it separately as an compatible add on which you have to pay for, instead of titling it as 2.0 which makes people assume its just a simple upgrade... then maybe people wouldnt cry.

Think of it as a $6 voice recorder that allows you to send the recording via Swirly and also acts as a customize app for your tones... I dont know how exactly to spin it, but you all need to quit crying over it. Its obviously not part of their upgrade for the version you have paid for. Im totally happy with version 1.0 and dobt really feel a need to upgrade to 2.0... doesnt interest me. But if it did, then I would purchase.

* 20 diff languages

Ungrateful? So you're telling us that people who donated to Swirly before they charged, and paid for their program when they charged are ungrateful and are now being told that their new version of their software is $6 extra to upgrade are ungrateful?!?! That's like Microsoft charging you $50 for Service Pack Upgrades to Windows. Yeah, it's still the same basic program, but there are some new features.

The original point of the post was not to whine about the $6 (face it, I spend more than $6 on crap I dont even use) but its about the giant "FU" Swirly made to their customers who were promised free upgrades. I love their product and I use it regularly. But with the new iPhone coming out (I have a 2G) I'll most likey be buying that model so I can have Stereo bluetooth, and everything else that comes with it including MMS, so why would anyone pay for extra for those features from Swirly?

Me personaly, I like the version that's out right now. To be honest, the only thing that caught my eye was the ability to change the alert sounds for MMS messages recieved, other than that, most of the other stuff is usless.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

apple should charge for 3.0, since it has so many new features and is "over hauled". its like having a new phone.

lets all call apple, n tell em to hold out on the firmware release n setup a payment option

/sarcasm

Thanks

* 20 diff languages

So when does an upgrade become a brand new application? Everything you listed sounds like an upgrade. And a few upgrades do not make it a new application.

These kinda people always get greedy in the end.

Anyway, if this was a corporation, people would be saying their app deserves to be pirated, and it's their own fault for lying to their customers. So, yeah
    Last edited by redcard; 05-05-2009 at 04:52 PM.
    To live, you have to lie

Thanks

^ pirate for life

Thanks

I like it!

Edit.... Hey Poseidon79, where is the option to keep track of when your freinds recieve your message?
    Last edited by ucim2cute; 05-07-2009 at 05:53 AM.
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

another cry baby thread, if u think $6 is too much to pay, then dont buy it cheap asses, im not looking at it as another $6, its more like a donation for their hard work, im sure the mms coming out for 3.0 wont be better than swirlymms

Quote Originally Posted by jaysmi29 View Post
    another cry baby thread, if u think $6 is too much to pay, then dont buy it cheap asses, im not looking at it as another $6, its more like a donation for their hard work, im sure the mms coming out for 3.0 wont be better than swirlymms
    Again, it's not about the money, its about the principle of saying you'll give subscribers free lifetime upgrades and falling short of that promise.

But I wouldnt expect a male nurse who takes self portrait mirror shots while throwing up his winning hand from last nights Rock, Paper, Scissors Game to understand.

its more like a donation for their hard work
    And this coming from the guy who wanted Cydia to be Ad-Free?!?
    Last edited by falconeyez; 05-07-2009 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

17. The Following User Says Thank You to falconeyez For This Useful Post:

mr.sparky (05-07-2009)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

why is everybody complaining, look at it as a donation for their hard work, bitchin about $6 come on!!!
    Two reasons. 1) Lifetime means lifetime. Period. 2) Paying for something that should be included in the first place is a scam!

Just like buying a printer. They give away the printer and charge 2 arms and a leg for the ink. Another scam!

Thank God for jailbreaking. At least we get many of the missing iPhone features from like-minded individuals.
    Last edited by Mes; 05-08-2009 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by falconeyez View Post
    Again, it's not about the money, its about the principle of saying you'll give subscribers free lifetime upgrades and falling short of that promise.

But I wouldnt expect a male nurse who takes self portrait mirror shots while throwing up his winning hand from last nights Rock, Paper, Scissors Game to understand.

And this coming from the guy who wanted Cydia to be Ad-Free?!?
    a male nurse huh, lol so stupid

iPhone? More like MyPhone BoneCrif's Avatar
    Thanks

I bought SwirlyMMS2 for almost no reason at all other than to be updated.
    Personally, I didn't find anything too exciting with the newer version ($6). It only contained a couple more options than the original version.
    It just didn't seem very worth it to me.

So if you're a stickler for money, don't buy it, because you already have the main options already in the first version.
    If you want to have a couple more options in your one and only MMS receiving application, go ahead and buy it.

8GB iPhone 2G
    3.1.2 - Unlocked and Jailbroken

AMD Athlon 5000 Dual-Core 2.2GHz with 4.00 GB RAM
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

standard is fine. ringtones/sms/voice recorder can be handled by other apps.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast