+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: speaker help

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
lads, one of the speakers under my iphone does not seem to be workin on the ipod and loud speaker etc as a result its very hard to here the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default speaker help
    lads,

one of the speakers under my iphone does not seem to be workin on the ipod and loud speaker etc as a result its very hard to here the phone ringing can someone help its not under warrenty.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

You only have 1 speaker on the bottom of your phone.

The other is a microphone.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    You only have 1 speaker on the bottom of your phone.

The other is a microphone.
    Sorry. Hopefully we will get stereo on the next iphone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

any ideas on the volume issue? its up all the way but still its very hard to hear compared to my friends iphone any thing i can try?

Thanks

Way back when I first got my 2g iphone there was a simple hardware mod you could do with the 2g to make the sound lounder - take a pin and poke it through the holes on the left side of the dock port of your iphone - basically there is a fine mesh to keep dust out behind the holes but it also dampens the sound - clearing it with a pin improved the sound really well. This has worked fine for my 2g's, I don't know if it does for 3g iphones as I don't have one and have not read about anyone trying it.

Also you can mod the file in /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework called SystemSoundMaximumVolume.plist

this thread might help

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/file-mo...3g-iphone.html
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thats great thanks it is a 2g should have put that in where do i find

Also you can mod in /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework called SystemSoundMaximumVolume.plist is it settin i cant seem to find it there?

Thanks

Hey guys, I'm glad I found this thread! Ever since I went from 2.0.2, to 2.2.1, which was last week, darn, I can hardly hear anything from my reciever I mean, shoot, it was already low to begin with before, or I guess I should say from the beginning when I first got my phone, and yeah, I did the poking of the mesh for the speaker part, but, it's the ear piece, that I am having a hard time hearing from now?

Does anyone know what I can do for that? It rings loud enough, but, hearing through it, is really low now, again the ear piece part of it? Ugh!! I'm soo annoyed!

Oh! I have a 2g(first generation??) 2.2.1 tmobile
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mr f View Post
    Thats great thanks it is a 2g should have put that in where do i find

Also you can mod in /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework called SystemSoundMaximumVolume.plist is it settin i cant seem to find it there?
    The location of that file depends on the firmware version, earlier firmware had it in /System/Library/Frameworks/Celestial.framework
    so look there first.

You need to browse to the file with your ssh client, download it to you computer, convert it with a suitable editor (this is the best editor I have found for windows Download iPod software for Windows - it's the plist editor you want) make the changes (normally change 0.699999 or whatever into 1 which I think is the maximum)

@ucim2cute there is a setting in there for the speaker so you should be able to increase that volume, I'm not sure if you can increase the speaker volume by turning up the system volume all the way? I can't say I have ever found the earpiece speaker sound level to be too low.
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Robcoffee For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (04-27-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

great cheers its not the ear piece its just the ipod volume and when i have the loud speaker on thats the problem

Thanks

If you can let me know the firmware version your iphone is using I can mod the files for you, also I need to know if you know how to use ssh to get them into your iphone.
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb

Thanks

Instead of messing around with plist files through a testEdit....... you can just download a mod from cydia to do it for you by pressing a button... all you have to do is install the repo from iclarified and go into his folder after cydia refreshes and choose the firmware you have and install..... much easier than messing around with plists (IMO)

Check out Whats in the iClarified repo

EDIT: unfortunately, I did not see that there was NOT a 2.2.1 FW in there to download, ALTHOUGH I do have a buddy who just got a ipodtouch 2nd gen that said he found a repo with a 2.2.1 plist Volume mod.... I will talk to him and find out what repo he got it from
    8Gig > 1.0 FW (dead spot on screen)
    8Gig > 1.0.2 FW (broken vibrate after a while)
    8Gig > 1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2(Jonny5 Still alive)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mrblader For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (04-27-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

no lads you have all lost me i dont want to reset the whole phone and lock it on me if i could get a simple step by step guide i will have a go

[QUOTE=mr f;4009071]no lads you have all lost me i dont want to reset the whole phone and lock it on me if i could get a simple step by step guide i will have a go firm ware is 2.0.2
    Last edited by mr f; 04-27-2009 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Yep! Step by step would be awesome, I really don't mess around with files and such, since I don't really know how I could try though, it's just I'm afraid of messing up my phone, and not being able to fix it

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

It is easier to download ifile and edit the plist directly on your phone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mr f View Post
    no lads you have all lost me i dont want to reset the whole phone and lock it on me if i could get a simple step by step guide i will have a go firm ware is 2.0.2
    If your iphone is already Jailbroken and you have Cydia installed, then as mrBlader correctly points out the easiest way to improve the volume is to download one of the automatic volume hacks that do the work for you - it won't lock up your phone or anything else it just does the changes to the plist files for you. Just open cydia, go to sources and add the source he sugested

cydia.iclarified.com

You can then install one of their volume boost hacks simple.

I think this may be the simplest option for you both.
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Robcoffee For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (04-29-2009)

Thanks

Thanks robcofee! I just did what you said, so I will check it out when I call someone later in the morning, since it's like 4am right now. Hopefully that will work, cuz ugh! I can hardly hear anyone through the darn receiver! Oh! do i have to do anything else, like go into settings or something, or once I download that, it does it by itself?

Thanks

If it is going to work it will do it all by itself, although I have no idea whether it will help the volume on your earpiece - I don't know whether the modded .plists it has inserted are just for the speak volume (ie rings / text / playing music) or if it ups the volume on everything.
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Robcoffee For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (04-30-2009)

Thanks

Yeah, it doesn't seem to be louder it's still really low. Ugh! I hate it. I love my iphone, but, man, I really need it to be louder! When I'm driving, I use my little earphones, and they are loud, but, when not in my car, I don't go around with them in my ears!

The phone should be that loud too!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Im the same downloaded the volume booster and its still the same its very hard to hear the ringer help please!!!

Thanks

Yeah, I did too! Downloaded that volume booster app, or whatever it's called, but, still really low
    I have the volume all the way up, and if I'm in a room with a little music, or driving, it sucks, cuz i can hardly hear the person on the other end! ugh!! As far as when it rings, it's ok, it's loud enough, I can hear it just fine, but the reciever part of the iphone sucks!!